• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

MNF: Bills vs. Bengals *game suspended* - prayers for Damar Hamlin

LinvilleGorge

7 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

In 10 years you can add “ The same league that used certain planted referees in key games to control storylines and fix scores for Vegas in exchange for silence on the fixed storylines? That league?”

Oh, people can bet their ass that story is coming.  I guarantee it.  We all have seen it in plain sight, ESPECIALLY us as Panther fans.

7 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

The same league that quietly blackballed Kaepernick for expressing his opinions about social justice, equality, equity, and police brutality - while simultaneously deciding to double down on fakeness and force teams to participate in public gestures of police support and standing for anthems seemingly in response to Kaepernick's stated issues.  That league?

Agreed with everything except this.

Kaepernick was NOT blackballed for doing that.

He wasn't picked by any team because he stunk as a QB at that point. 

He was offered later on a tryout on a team(I forget which) but he blew them off.

Look, I don't want to turn this into a Kaepernick discussion (the health of Damar takes precedence) but I just wanted to point that out. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

He was offered later on a tryout on a team(I forget which) but he blew them off.

Look, I don't want to turn this into a Kaepernick discussion (the health of Damar takes precedence) but I just wanted to point that out. 

Kaep had 16 passing touchdown to just 4 interceptions in his final year in just 11 starts. We haven’t had a QB that productive in Carolina since MVP Cam. Kyle Allen, Taylor H, Teddy Bridgewater, PJ Walker, Baker Mayfield in Carolina have never had a season as efficient as that. 

Sam Darnold is having that year in Carolina right now and it’s making folks here ask if Sam should just be the guy going forward at least into next season. No team would touch Kap for years and I think most folks can look at the tape and see a guy like Nathan Peterman and Zach Wilson shouldn’t have jobs over CK. He’s performed better than more than half the backups in the league for sure. Cmon. 

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

He was blackballed for his protests.

He ended up being away so long because of his hubris and the length of time he was away from the game.

I will always support Colin's right to protest the way he did.

I will always think he is a mediocre QB and a whiny bitch as a player.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Kaps teams went 2-6 and 1-10 with under .60 completions his last 2 years. What 6 TDs and 5 Ints the 2nd to last year?

I personally think it's both his play and the FU by a large portion of the poplulation, not just teams. He didn't look like a great option to start and that had a lot to do with it because he wouldn't take a non-starter job.

The entire situation is a case study on how to fug up on every level possible. He got blackballed but he also made himself vulnerable and his enemies jumped all over it like who they absolutely are.

• Pie 1

I think the best summary I've heard of Kaepernick's situation was from someone who said that NFL teams will put up with an awful lot if they think you can help them win games.

If your playing skills aren't as good, their tolerance level goes way way down.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 4
  • Flames 2

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I think the best summary I've heard of Kaepernick's situation was from someone who said that NFL teams will put up with an awful ot if they think you can help them win games.

If your playing skills aren't as good, their tolerance level goes way way down.

This

If Tom Brady had protested, he would still be in the NFL playing somewhere.  If Will Grier protested, he would not be in the NFL.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

49 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

He was blackballed for his protests.

He ended up being away so long because of his hubris and the length of time he was away from the game.

I will always support Colin's right to protest the way he did.

I will always think he is a mediocre QB and a whiny bitch as a player.

I might be misremembering but wasn't it some War Vet who gave him the
"kneeling during the anthem"  Idea?  

Edited by glenwo2

26 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Well we're waiting for more news (good news) on the Damar front.

Someone said he still wasn't breathing on his own despite showing improvement....

Lemme see if I can find the quote from yesterday. 

From a local broadcaster so take it as you will. The big hurdle right now is getting him breathing on his own fully. If they can do that. Then they can try to wake him up. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1