• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

5 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

haven’t seen much about Dorsey interviewing this weekend. He was a golden boy for a while

I mean Bills fans are hoping he gets an HC job so they can get a better OC. He's basically cruised on the success of prime Cam and then Josh Allen his whole career. Bills fans generally seem to feel like he was a downgrade from Daboll

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I mean Bills fans are hoping he gets an HC job so they can get a better OC. He's basically cruised on the success of prime Cam and then Josh Allen his whole career. Bills fans generally seem to feel like he was a downgrade from Daboll

As a bills fan obviously it’s a downgrade over daboll but nobody I talk to thinks losing dorsey is a good thing.

Edited by RJK
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Usually teams really good like the Bills and Eagles are still looking for things to complain about so they turn to their coordinators as easy targets. I have even seen Eagles fans complain about Steichen. But with the Bills you already have a psychotic fanbase and they are ride or die with their QB. Allen is obviously brilliant but he’s not perfect. He’s still prone to very questionable decision making at times. Is Dorsey surfing a rather easy wave? Sure. But it’s also still his first year and he will improve. Maybe he’s not ready but if he has a strong vision for the future of the team hiring him wouldn’t be egregious.

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, Cavscout said:

If the panthers give up 2 first round picks for anyone, it should be Lamar Jackson. Not a coach. 

3 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Both guys that not only Greg knows and is close to via his career, but also guys with strong roots in the community which Olsen calls home as well, so I love him, but I don't think Olsen is super objective on this...

22 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Some fool might do it. I don't think Tepper's a fool right now, but if he does that I will change my mind. 

I don't like the reports that essentially say that Tepper is willing to do anything (in so many words). Payton ain't worth all that in my book. 

Lamar is worth two picks, with our O-line, we would run over so many teams.  I could coach them to the playoffs.

Tepper is aggressive, but I really wouldn't call him a fool.  He's going to find his way sooner rather than later.

Olsen is THE top analysist out there.  He has a feel and eye for the game that is pretty rare for a commentator.  His dad was a coach, he was like having a coach in the locker room.  G.O. knows his stuff.  He is spot on about the best HC/OC combination for our team.  If he gets put off by fox anointing Brady as their new #1 I could legitimately see him as a future John Lynch type who gets to run a team the right way.

4 minutes ago, BeenPounding said:

Lamar is worth two picks, with our O-line, we would run over so many teams.  I could coach them to the playoffs.

Tepper is aggressive, but I really wouldn't call him a fool.  He's going to find his way sooner rather than later.

Olsen is THE top analysist out there.  He has a feel and eye for the game that is pretty rare for a commentator.  His dad was a coach, he was like having a coach in the locker room.  G.O. knows his stuff.  He is spot on about the best HC/OC combination for our team.  If he gets put off by fox anointing Brady as their new #1 I could legitimately see him as a future John Lynch type who gets to run a team the right way.

Wow

what a great post from been pounding 

more like been drinking since noon 

Probably been discussed already but not wanted to look back in this thread. I was watching the Herd this morning and Colin went out to dinner with Sean Payton last night in LA. He was ranting about Payton’s stories about Bill Parcells etc. and moved into how someone like Sean needs to assess owners and ownership groups just like he would a roster. Colin went into some owners being better than others and I couldn’t help but wonder what Payton said to Colin in that conversation about Tepper… can’t imagine Tepper’s reputation around the league is very good at the moment after the Rhule saga and pitfalls of the practice stadium. 

2 minutes ago, OnlyPantherFaninMaine said:

Probably been discussed already but not wanted to look back in this thread. I was watching the Herd this morning and Colin went out to dinner with Sean Payton last night in LA. He was ranting about Payton’s stories about Bill Parcells etc. and moved into how someone like Sean needs to assess owners and ownership groups just like he would a roster. Colin went into some owners being better than others and I couldn’t help but wonder what Payton said to Colin in that conversation about Tepper… can’t imagine Tepper’s reputation around the league is very good at the moment after the Rhule saga and pitfalls of the practice stadium. 

Is it wrong I don’t want Payton just because he hangs out with cowherd? At first it was because he’s a scumbag but now it’s he’s a lame. 

Edited by RJK
  • Beer 3

2 minutes ago, RJK said:

Is it wrong I don’t want Payton just because he hangs out with cowherd? At first it was because he’s a scumbag but now it’s he’s a lame. 

Agreed, SP is using his resources at Fox to trump up his profile and price.  Cowherd is a step below Skip Bayless when it comes to credibility in my opinion.

• Beer 1