• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

Again, Reich has already failed at 3 other jobs with league-last offense when he was in charge, I have no idea why he is a strong candidate. He got fired in San Diego and Arizona for having terrible offenses as OC, then at Indy. He only had one good playoff run with the Eagles in a very lucky and weird playoffs where the Eagles crushed the Patriots inexplicably in the Super Bowl.

I'd actually prefer Wilks to Reich. But I hope the team doesn't settle like the Hornets, or we are looking at another offseason in 2024 looking for a head coach

• Pie 4

5 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

Again, Reich has already failed at 3 other jobs with league-last offense when he was in charge, I have no idea why he is a strong candidate. He got fired in San Diego and Arizona for having terrible offenses as OC, then at Indy. He only had one good playoff run with the Eagles in a very lucky and weird playoffs where the Eagles crushed the Patriots inexplicably in the Super Bowl.

I'd actually prefer Wilks to Reich. But I hope the team doesn't settle like the Hornets, or we are looking at another offseason in 2024 looking for a head coach

I’d rather have Wilks If it was a choice between the two.

Steichen, please. Save the draft capital from Payton.

Take the QB that is there at 9. Save draft capital from moving up.

AR is probably the guy and with a guy like Steichen, I think he fits what the HC wants in a QB1. If Steichen is a QB whisperer (Rivers, Herbert, Hurts) and brings an OC that is in lockstep with Steichen's Air Coryell style, I think we are in a good place. Maybe he brings Minshew with him for a year or two....maybe we bring Carr in for a couple of years.... who knows. 

All of these HC candidates come with concerns. Every...single....one of them. 

Edited by Soul Rebel
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, amcoolio said:

I see several saying Payton “only” has one super bowl and was carried by Bree’s. But not many is saying what you are about Reich. What has he done as a HC? Nothing. I know people will say it’s bc his owner sucked, well I got news for you about Tepper. Would he do better with Tepper as his owner, probably not. 

I do kind of like Kafka as a out-of-nowhere darkhorse. I mean he got something out of qb that was considered a bust, and a road playoff win as well. 

We sometimes manage to eek out something from our bust players too, but never as much as a road playoff win. I can't even remember our last road playoff win. Chicago?