• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, WOW!! said:

He was never a good DC beside 2017 when we were a top 10 defense..

okay got you..

Stop living in the past, Wilks gets us to the WC at best, and 7-8 wins at worst every year.

If we hire Wilks Full time, we're essentially saying "Please stay Mr Brady, and take this sh*tty division we have no plans to take"

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Smithers said:

Passing defense was 18th, with very few turnovers generated.  Run defense carried that unit thanks to Luke.  That 2017 defense simply wasn’t good.  So many big plays given up…

Wasn’t that the season that started the trend of us consistently giving up 3rd and long plays?

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, NJPanthers89 said:

The only defensive coach we are interviewing is Wilks.  Tepper thankfully understands you’re at a disadvantage by not having an offensive minded HC.  

Yeah, I don't envision Wilks being able to dig his way out of this hole.

Not unless he has some pretty amazing offensive staff plans up his sleeve. TBH, I doubt he has the connections to be able to pull off that miracle.

• Pie 2

Seems like a very solid group overall. The only one potentially missing is the Seahawks OC. Uphill climb for Wilks as the only defensive coach.

Could be really good to pair up Caldwell with one of the young guys. I think that’s why they are interviewing him. Not sure there is a role called “first time head coach support / assistant head coach”, but that would be a good one.

image.png.880ff563108355df6b0f615bc43d8c46.png

• Pie 4

2 minutes ago, Martin said:

Could be really good to pair up Caldwell with one of the young guys. I think that’s why they are interviewing him

Caldwell should also have the connections to help a young HC build a great staff. That's my main concern with Shane Steichen and Ben Johnson is that while they themselves might be good coaches do, they have the ability to build a good staff to support them. 

• Pie 1

30 minutes ago, CmC2k said:

Caldwell should also have the connections to help a young HC build a great staff. That's my main concern with Shane Steichen and Ben Johnson is that while they themselves might be good coaches do, they have the ability to build a good staff to support them. 

Agree. That would be the most important thing for one of these young OCs. How do you plan to build your staff? Are you bringing in any previous HCs for help etc. If they have that, there is a clear path to success.

• Pie 1