• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

10 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

As low as I think of Payton as a person, I would be floored if he didn't reschedule with us. You'd have to be an awful person to outright cancel a previously scheduled appointment because one side couldn't make it due to a death.

I mean fans that think so lowly of Payton shouldn't be surprised if dipped on the interview and signed elsewhere first. 

39 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Definitely understand people getting impatient and thinking this could negatively affect our coaching search. 
But as an owner. Supporting the people in any business you own during a tough time is always more important. 
Sure we may miss out on a coach but as someone said if they accept a job before interviews resume then it wasn’t meant to be and the coach probably didn’t want to be here. 
Also Payton not being interview will probably be good. 
Tepper did a good, 

If any coach truly wants this job I can’t imagine they look at this action from Tepper and decide they don’t want to be patient. Anyone with a shroud of human decency will understand this.

• Pie 7

Honestly hope Panthers decide to just cancel the interview with Payton alltogethor and this drives down the price the Broncos are willing to trade for him. That would be a win, win for us. We dont trade premium picks away for a 60 yr old coach and Saints get less or no draft capital if a deal cant get done.

• Pie 5

8 minutes ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

If any coach truly wants this job I can’t imagine they look at this action from Tepper and decide they don’t want to be patient. Anyone with a shroud of human decency will understand this.

It is still no surprise there are plenty of people who unfortunately don’t have that decency. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Kentucky Panther said:

After this weekend, one of Kafka or Steichen will be done for the season, and can focus full time on these interviews. I keep checking this board and thread every day, fully knowing we will not be making a hire for at least another week or so lol 

Kellen Moore will also be done after the 49ers dice Americas team up….but I don’t think anyone wants him anyway.

18 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

Kellen Moore will also be done after the 49ers dice Americas team up….but I don’t think anyone wants him anyway.

Why not? He's fielded a top offensive unit for longer than anyone else on the list (besides Payton). 

6 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Why not? He's fielded a top offensive unit for longer than anyone else on the list (besides Payton). 

5 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He also changed it up to a ball control game managing type offense when Dak was hurt and kept the team winning.  

He's a fine OC, but just that. He isn't HC material.

3 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

He's a fine OC, but just that. He isn't HC material.

I’m pretty neutral on him. His team is pretty stacked and they managed to disappear in some games playing down to the competition’s level. That could be him or the HC at blame.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Person makes a comment I absolutely agree with...

Agree with this and hopefully keeping Campen too. 

I heard Billy and John Ellis talking about the OL Coach in Philly being a legend in the NFL. If Steichen comes, he might perhaps bring Istvan with him.... a guy that should carry on the prestige that Stoutland has earned in Philly.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1