• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Under No Circumstances Should We Trade a Haul for a QB/Pick

tukafan21

How is "haul" being defined? And doesn't that differ from team to team? And are we only saying that QBs are unworthy for pick hauls? We just said no to a pick haul for Burns.

And Stafford not winning a SB would have only not looked good because they were a team on the cusp for years and years with Goff who they drafted high...and they got to that cusp via trades for other positions. And that franchise already had a Lombardi on the shelf. So was it a risk that they got to a SB with a #1 pick at QB? Or a risk to trade that #1 for an older #1 who had never won a playoff game?

I wouldn't trade the whole draft for the #1 pick, but I would easily consider future picks and players to soften the blow and trade players at the right time to get draft capital back.

I can't think of many recents player other than Cam that didn't we didn't have buyers remorse post-extension. We "gotta" pay KK, then could wait to get rid of him. Same with players like Johnson and even CMC. Burns, Brown, Horn, Marshall, maybe others should be viewed as players who can get potentially future picks back. Better that than wish they weren't extended, which we will for at least two of them.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

16 hours ago, CBDellinger said:

it does work, it’s has worked and it can work again.  

Josh Allen and Pat Mahommes both drafted as a result of trades.  

Stafford won the rams a super bowl and we all know how he got there. 

it’s not the trades that are the issue… it’s the talent evaluators and the situations the players wind up in. 

He said trade a haul, which i take to mean at least two ones.  If we want Chicago's pick, we will need to give up a haul.  

3 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

I'd rather have Justin Fields than any QB in this draft other than CJ Stroud. 

Have you done anything other than look at his stat lines? He can run, that's about it. Slow to read defenses, has to see a guy open.

The best thing the Panthers could do is build a core of talent and develop Corral behind Darnold for another year or two.

Want to know why Purdy is doing well? He was a four year starter in college, played in a pro style offense, and the 49er's core of talent is quite possibly the highest in the NFL. We will send another 8 picks away looking for a savior QB before we do the sensible thing and build an offensive scheme with a core of elite talent around a guy who can LEAD an offense. 

If Corral were with the 49er's I feel like he would be playing similar to how Purdy is as well but Purdy is already reading defenses better than Justin Fields and he was a 7th round pick. 

Save the picks, take BPA/offensive talent at WR and TE in the first two picks. If there is a QB with a lot of college experience who may be middle of the road in terms of tangible traits, take him in the 4th or later and see what you got. There is something to be said for playing time in college and how it translates to the NFL. 

• Beer 3
  • Poo 1

3 hours ago, Waldo said:

Be the seller and not the buyer in the mega trades.

I'm fine with using a 2nd but that is about it for me. 

The Broncos may be willing to offload Wilson for that. Wilson THRIVES in the scheme we were running this year. Play action pass with some improvisation and receivers who will operate the scramble drill. He's also a leader, as cringy as it can be. If we could get Wilson, even with his contract, for a 2nd I think you take it. 

Get Wilson, re-sign Foreman, draft a TE and third receiver, re-sign Bozeman...

Could easily be the favorites of the South for the next three years.

However I'm not giving up draft picks to take Stroud or Young. I'm also not drafting Richardson. His comp would be Josh Allen but Richardson doesn't have a ton of playing time and being a high pick will force him to play sooner rather than later. It's going to be a poo show, wherever he ends up. 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

I'd rather have Justin Fields than any QB in this draft other than CJ Stroud. 

Speaking as someone who wanted us to draft Fields this is silly. You can find a QB in this years draft with the floor of Fields right now. He has tremendous talent but even I know he's very raw at best as a passer. He still has time but he needs to make a jump next season. We should and will be targeting QB early in this years draft.

• Pie 2

13 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

The Broncos may be willing to offload Wilson for that. Wilson THRIVES in the scheme we were running this year. Play action pass with some improvisation and receivers who will operate the scramble drill. He's also a leader, as cringy as it can be. If we could get Wilson, even with his contract, for a 2nd I think you take it. 

However I'm not giving up draft picks to take Stroud or Young. I'm also not drafting Richardson. His comp would be Josh Allen but Richardson doesn't have a ton of playing time and being a high pick will force him to play sooner rather than later. It's going to be a poo show, wherever he ends up. 

No thank you to Wilson. I also belive It's fully guaranteed so the Broncos are stuck with him regardless.

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Russell Wilson?

angry get out GIF

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • The D 1