• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It time for a culture change

Malt Liquor

I won't miss Wilks like I didn't miss Rivera. Rhule was a gaint mistake but I still wouldn't go back to either at this point. If Tepper can't do better than all 3 of those then there really isn't a point to all of this. If he won't try then it's heartbreaking but life is short and eating sh$t every year is getting really old.

• Beer 1

How many of you were up in arms about us losing the Keep Pounding! part of our identity?

I don't care if the HC comes from the offensive or defensive side of the coaching carousel. What I care about is can they lead and inspire men, can they manage resources, can they pick the right staff members and players. Can they make the executive decisions in game that can shift everything.

I do want an OC who can be an OC. I do want a DC who can create a tough, gritty and punishing defense. 

Wilks can certainly lead, but I want to see an aggressive and adaptive OC for once and a DC that can call a game that puts the other team on their back foot and never lets up.

But by all means possible, keep our O-line coach! 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, 4Corners said:

Has there ever been two head coaches for one team?

Can we keep Wilkes, and then hire the Eagles guy and have them work as a partnership? Two head coaches working together. It’s so crazy it might just work. 

Anything with two heads is a monster.

Keep him as DC if they bring in a new HC. Plain and simple.

• Poo 1

1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

I am beyond convinced that a large percentage of Huddle members spend their entire paychecks on lottery tickets.

"You spent $1000 on lottery tickets?"
"Yeah but I could win $5000!"
"But the odds are astronomical and you're way more likely to just be out $1000!"
"You can't get better unless you try!"

Check out the historical records of interim coaches after being hired full time, and tell me how that expecting that strategy to succeed this time is any different than expecting to win the lottery?

1 minute ago, X-Clown said:

Check out the historical records of interim coaches after being hired full time, and tell me how that expecting that strategy to succeed this time is any different than expecting to win the lottery?

How does going way off the reservation in trying to be cool, fun and innovative look? like this

image.thumb.png.2dd8875f4f365676381da1854bdfd980.png

Again the problem is that if you run a successful offense in the NFL, your OC is going to get poached for a HC job.  Because the league is skewed towards offense and scoring points.  Teams know that, look who the Panthers are bringing in.  So if the Panthers hire Wilks, and he brings in a stud OC to run his system, that guy is probably gone within 2 years.  Your gonna trust that he can find another guy that quick, and we can keep some continuity for our perceived young QB were about to draft? 

It's too tough, which is why you need an offensive minded HC.  If the OC gets poached things continue, nothing changes, the coach either calls plays or he hires someone to run his offense.   Thats the way of the NFL today, high octane offense and blue collar defense.     

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

How does going way off the reservation in trying to be cool, fun and innovative look? like this

image.thumb.png.2dd8875f4f365676381da1854bdfd980.png

So because Matt Rhule (not an offensive minded coach, as has been stated before) didn't work, let's keep shooting for .500 at best and use the same strategies that got us there previously. Hire Wilks, bring back Ron as DC, get Dom Capers and John Fox to coach the D-line and secondary. Bring back Shula as the OC and Hurney as the GM. Use pick #9 on an RB and make Josh Jacobs the highest paid RB in history and we'll be back to the glory days!

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

So because Matt Rhule (not an offensive minded coach, as has been stated before) didn't work, let's keep shooting for .500 at best and use the same strategies that got us there previously. Hire Wilks, bring back Ron as DC, get Dom Capers and John Fox to coach the D-line and secondary. Bring back Shula as the OC and Hurney as the GM. Use pick #9 on an RB and make Josh Jacobs the highest paid RB in history and we'll be back to the glory days!

overreact much?

• Poo 1

2 hours ago, frankw said:

But it's a different league now. With the changes in the division we need a head coach that can get our offense firing on all cylinders. 

It might be even more different next season. Scoring was down this year. I expect the NFL will look to address it. We need a bright offensive mind either as HC or an OC to take advantage of the new rules if they come.

• Pie 1