• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

McCaffrey: Because, of course

Mr. Scot

3 hours ago, Call Me James said:

Geno was robbed 

No he wasn't - Geno was never anywhere to come back to in the first place. Breakout player, sure, but he wasn't coming back from anything.

With that said I'm not sure I'd go CMC for this, but Geno doesn't fit the description.

Edited by KSpan

1 hour ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I can only hope the trade benefits us by showing Tepper what can be done with an offensive minded HC and some creative playcalling.

This. 

If watching CMC lead the 49ers to the Super Bowl finally helps Tepper get his priorities straight when it comes to hiring coaches and GMs, then the trade will have been well worth it. 

What a joy it would be to watch a Panthers team with a dominant and multi-talented offense like the 49ers have today.

3 hours ago, bigdog10 said:

I’d still make the trade we did 100 times out of 100. 

rare win win trade. 

Niners got a great player who may be able to help them win a championship. We got some cap relief and a haul for a running back who has been really unlucky with injuries. 

So, SB Championship player = $18.3M dead cap for 2023, $12M free, a top of the 3rd, 4th and 5th round pick in 2023 and a 6th round pick in 2024.

With this FO, that means they will sign a Robby Anderson type player, Foreman... while drafting players like TMJ, Troy Pride, Daviyon Nixon, and Deonte Brown.

Would you trade CMC for Anderson, Foreman, TMJ, Pride, Nixon, and Brown?

Would you trade a SB MVP for a #3 deep threat with poor hands, a journeyman power back who can't catch, a rookie WR who needs 4 seasons to develop, and 3 players who will be cut or never see the field?

How much are you willing to pay to win a SB? The Rams, Bucs, and Chiefs didn't go bargain shopping for their SBs. The 49ers may likely be the 4th to pay up for the players necessary to win a SB.

Hardly a win-win. The Panthers had a known weapon in CMC. Now, this FO is just hoping to win the lottery.

17 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

So, SB Championship player = $18.3M dead cap for 2023, $12M free, a top of the 3rd, 4th and 5th round pick in 2023 and a 6th round pick in 2024.

With this FO, that means they will sign a Robby Anderson type player, Foreman... while drafting players like TMJ, Troy Pride, Daviyon Nixon, and Deonte Brown.

Would you trade CMC for Anderson, Foreman, TMJ, Pride, Nixon, and Brown?

Would you trade a SB MVP for a #3 deep threat with poor hands, a journeyman power back who can't catch, a rookie WR who needs 4 seasons to develop, and 3 players who will be cut or never see the field?

How much are you willing to pay to win a SB? The Rams, Bucs, and Chiefs didn't go bargain shopping for their SBs. The 49ers may likely be the 4th to pay up for the players necessary to win a SB.

Hardly a win-win. The Panthers had a known weapon in CMC. Now, this FO is just hoping to win the lottery.

It should be fairly obvious we won’t be winning a Super Bowl next year. So either we maximize our return for an aging RB whose timeline isn’t meshing with our rebuild, or we let him play it out and receive maybe a compensatory pick out of it. 

Also, you have the picks wrong. It’s end of the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th in 2023 and a 5th in 2024

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, PantherPhann89 said:

McCaffrey is being used properly in San Fran, he wasn't here. We were using him like we're using Foreman, they two different type of backs. In addition, with McCaffrey on the field, our OC's developed tunnel vision. 

And QBs

Just now, ECHornet said:

That may continue beyond this year since CMC hasn’t won it. 

Actually looking back even further the last time a running back won the award before 2001 was 2 years after JFK was assassinated. It's very rare and I'm sorry but McCaffrey isn't the exception to the norm just because his coach force feeds him. Let's see how that formula works against other playoff teams.

52 minutes ago, frankw said:

Sorry to keep you waiting booboo.

This is Geno Smith's award to lose but good for McCaffrey. I still hope the 49ers lose and lose badly. Fug them.

What did the 49ers do to you in the past? Did you lose a bet? Lose a girl to a 49er? Get beat up by 9er fans whilst you rocked a Raiders jersey in junior high?

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

What did the 49ers do to you in the past? Did you lose a bet? Lose a girl to a 49er? Get beat up by 9er fans whilst you rocked a Raiders jersey in junior high?

The Panthers used to be in the NFCW and we had a rivalry going with them in just the last several years. I hope this doesn’t keep you up tonight honey you seem upset about it. Take a melatonin.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1