• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

“I don’t think they draft a QB”

ncfan

1 hour ago, AggieLean said:

Also, didn’t Fitt say something to the tune of the team was going to get sexy or some sh*t this offseason, hinting that they were going to make moves to win now. There is no Drake Maye or Caleb Williams coming here, as the team will not be bad enough. 

This franchise is so confusing, man. We’re going to continue to do what we’ve been doing, and next year we’ll get the same results.

You say a Maye or Williams won’t be a Panther because we won’t tank enough to draft them. In the same post, you argue that Fitt should move up in the draft to make the sexy pick this year. 

Which is it? Do you believe we can move up for a QB or not?

59 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Maybe whoever we hire will get the most out of whatever JAG we get at QB, if we don’t draft a QB. 
Then we move up next year, maybe?

We aren’t getting Carr. Too expensive and IMO he is mid and not worth the money. 

What’s your top 6-10 QBs from the 2022 & 2023 draft eligible classes combined?

5 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

If Howell only got two passes every other practice, he probably would've looked the same way (as would every other QB). Practice makes you better, not "mental reps."

Howell’s a better QB. He was in college. He was in preseason. He is now. We missed on that one. Hopefully MC recovers fully and proves me wrong. I’ll be rooting for him. 

8 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

I don't follow college so I go by what I see in articles and highlights and forums. So I have no idea. Not gonna speak on a subject I know little about. Just noticing the trend of the last 3 years we've been looking for a QB.

Looks like a QB heavy draft>College Season Begins>College QBs play like College QBs>No QB in this draft is worth a top 10 pick except one or two guys>Panthers don't draft a QB. Rinse and repeat ad nauseum.

As I said, I guarantee most of the QBs coming out next year over half will be declared not first round material. Because it happens every year. That is why I am not gonna say Drake Maye, for example, is first round material. Howell was first round material until his last year in college and that year nose dived his draft stock into the 5th round. 

• Pie 4

39 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

You say a Maye or Williams won’t be a Panther because we won’t tank enough to draft them. In the same post, you argue that Fitt should move up in the draft to make the sexy pick this year. 

Which is it? Do you believe we can move up for a QB or not?

I have no problem moving up this year. I have no problem moving up next year. I have no problem moving picks at all, if you’ve identified your guy.

Now, you want to move up for Williams or Maye. If both are the truth like you believe, then why would a team that needs a QB trade with us next year; especially as QB needy teams will likely increase? All this wait for next years QBs really makes little sense, as one.) if Fitt plans on making major moves this offseason, one could asssume we’ll have a better record next year which means a move closer to the middle of the draft. 2.) Most ppl are finicky with QBs, as you like a batch right now, and next year you’ll be saying “wait till next year” again. 3.) again, if Willams and Maye are the truth, then why would a team pass that up if they’re in position to grab them?

• Pie 4

2 hours ago, ECHornet said:

1. Young

2. Stroud

3. Levis

4. Pickett

5 . AR

6 . Howell 

7. Hooker

8. Corrall 

9. Willis

10. McKee

Thats how I see them as prospects of course Purdy has lit it up but I’m honest 

• Beer 1

It’s funny seeing Huddlers who are consistently pro-tank, also simultaneously outraged at the prospect of waiting another year to draft a franchise QB. Like isn’t this your guiding principle? Sacrificing short term success for the increased chance at sustained long term success? So if there’s a 20% chance that one of these QBs are going to pan out and become a franchise QB, while next year’s crop has a 40-50% chance, then you should be rooting for BPA at #9 (maybe a top WR) and starting Corral or Darnold and then taking Williams or Maye next year. Seems like statistically speaking, that’s the best odds for the long-term success that you guys are supposedly yearning for.

12 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

1. Young

2. Stroud

3. Levis

4. Pickett

5 . AR

6 . Howell 

7. Hooker

8. Corrall 

9. Willis

10. McKee

Thats how I see them as prospects of course Purdy has lit it up but I’m honest 

Levis for what reason. He might be better than McKee but that's about it on this list