• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Interviewing DC’s??

ATLpanther

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't know why you'd be interviewing people for a coordinator role when you don't have a HC yet. Just doesn't make any sense at all.

Sure it does. You bring in XYZ coach candidate and he says I would like coach xx to be my DC. And then another candidate says the same thing about the same guy. Why not bring in these guys and hear what they are about and see if you think that DC and offensive coach combo works. 

if you are getting a rookie offensive coach you better be sure they get the right DC. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I’m guessing it means we’re getting one of the offense guys to be our HC and we’re interviewing top DC candidates so that both sides of the ball are well handled. Might even mean we already have a handshake deal with the new HC and he’ll review the DC interviews to choose which one he wants

I doubt it. I doubt that Sean Payton would fly out here to talk to Tepper later this week if we had a handshake deal in place with another candidate. Some information travels amongst agents that don't get to the fans.  Payton would know and not waste his time considering he isn't doing in person interviews for all the teams requesting permission.

17 minutes ago, gofightwin said:

Sure it does. You bring in XYZ coach candidate and he says I would like coach xx to be my DC. And then another candidate says the same thing about the same guy. Why not bring in these guys and hear what they are about and see if you think that DC and offensive coach combo works. 

if you are getting a rookie offensive coach you better be sure they get the right DC. 

I get the logic….but correct me if I’m wrong…. no one else does this. I listen to Moving The Chains every day on Sirius radio and they were clowning us for interviewing DCs before hiring a HC….saying that it doesn’t make any sense. Pat Kirwin is a former GM that is still well connected so if other clubs were following this process, I’m assuming he wouldn’t call it stupid. 

The job is open, so why not?

And if they are set in getting a young rookie offensive minded coach, would you not want to make sure that they have a DC with HC experience? I think that's what this is. It's anticipation of getting a young offensive guy. 

And if you're hoping for a guy like Fangio is is going to be heavily in demand, them you can't wait for your HC to get sorted and then figure out his staff.

They may not know the HC they want, but they've got an idea of the type guy they want and they know they're going to want a seasoned experienced vet coach with him.

I just don't have a problem with this at all.

36 minutes ago, ATLpanther said:

I get the logic….but correct me if I’m wrong…. no one else does this. I listen to Moving The Chains every day on Sirius radio and they were clowning us for interviewing DCs before hiring a HC….saying that it doesn’t make any sense. Pat Kirwin is a former GM that is still well connected so if other clubs were following this process, I’m assuming he wouldn’t call it stupid. 

Tepper is a clown, that’s why this is going the way it is. Fu@&er has no idea what the hell he is doing.  

Edited by ickmule

1 hour ago, Camp Fodder said:

Actually from  comments I have seen outside of the huddle, a lot fans want Wilks

Yea, the "normie" fans seem to be all for wilks. Hardcore fans, like 90% want either ben johnson or Steichen. Facebook, wfnz, foodie "we want WILKS!!!". People been in mud, had the 7x broken heart, booze hounds, we seen the movie 25 times.....ready for a different show....

• Pie 2