• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Roman Harper thinks Sean Payton could be our next HC now

ncfan

with Johnson going back I think Payton is probably the only chance they have for picking up an actual offensive innovator.

i trust Steichen to develop a QB which is good enough with where we’re at, especially with a good staff, but I’m unsure that he’s some pioneer. feels like you’re getting into that second wave of guys who may just be guys.

Biggest + for Steichen is how flexible he is as a coordinator.  Eagles offense transformed at the midway point last year to adjust for the fact their passing game wasn't looking so hot.  Then they come into this season and just kill teams in all kinds of ways.

Interested to see how they do in the postseason though.  I could see their reliance on RPO hurting them but we'll see

If you guys don’t think bounty pools and the like, big hit pools, whatever you want to call them, if you don’t think everyone was doing it you are not a reasonable thinking person. And I will not  much value your judgement because you are not looking at things realistically  

They got Caught doing it. Twice. 

The objection I’d have is they were busted, told to quit, but did not.
Caught, warned, caught.  
That’s why he got the business end of the stick.

Thats where I have to seriously call his judgement into question. 

15 hours ago, t96 said:

I really don’t think he wants Denver, people view Wilson as a selling point but I think it’s the opposite. That’s an albatross contract for a bad player at this point in his career. 

Russ clashes with what Payton would want to do IMO. The offense Payton runs is predicated heavily on making fast reads and getting the ball out quickly. Lots of pick plays/rub routes and the like. Russ has struggled mightily with seeing the field this season and has questionable pocket presence on a good day dating back to his Seattle tenure. Guy holds the ball for way too long, on average he took the 7th most time to throw of any QB in the NFL this season. I don't think that's an ideal fit, though to be fair he did make it work with Jameis somewhat and Payton's offense does have a reputation of being very QB friendly but I feel like at this stage of his career, he wants more than to just make it work lol.

That said, all of these openings have a lot of faults. The most surefire way he could get to work with a young QB is probably Houston, but they're just so far away from a roster standpoint. It'll be interesting to see what team he chooses in any case.

Edited by beo
  • Pie 1