• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Johnson staying in Detroit

Cdparr7

Just now, Panthercougar68 said:

I’m starting to get the feeling that the trade compensation is not near as high as people think the Saints want. If they drag their feet I believe in 2024 there is no compensation what so ever because that’s when the contract expired.

kind of hoping all the Huddle rationalizing of the mccaffrey trade as getting “first round value” proves true

2 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

I’m starting to get the feeling that the trade compensation is not near as high as people think the Saints want. If they drag their feet I believe in 2024 there is no compensation what so ever because that’s when the contract expired.

I think it can be done with a 2nd and a 5th. 

7 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Pretty sure the compensation has already been agreed to if he already has an interview set up with us.

One thing that does concern me about all of that is, I was listening to local radio here in Ralegih about it and they said Tepper's reputation around the league at this point is essentially a "mark." And I hadn't really thought about it, but I'd agree.  They mentioned how if you become the object of his desire, he will pay/offer whatever it takes for his "shiny new toy."  And that is essentially what he did with Rhule.  It's what he's done with several mediocre QBs since jettisoning Cam at Rhule's dumbass direction...  so, he has definitely earned the reputation.  My concern is, the Payton thing may already be locked up because Payton, although interested in coaching for several teams, also wants to look out for his old friend and otganization, and get them the best compensation in the process...  I wonder if Tepper, once again, like he did imwith Rhule and Darnold, outbid himself in a silent auction for Payton's services and that sealed it.  Smh...

Yeah you’re right about the offer being established. But at least showed restraint during the Watson saga

1 minute ago, Aussie Tank said:

Yeah you’re right about the offer being established. But at least showed restraint during the Watson saga

I don’t think the asking price is going to be what people think. Peyton has the leverage. If he wants to be somewhere and the Saints don’t like the deal, he can just sit out and the Saints get no compensation at all. 

1 minute ago, Cdparr7 said:

I don’t think the asking price is going to be what people think. Peyton has the leverage. If he wants to be somewhere and the Saints don’t like the deal, he can just sit out and the Saints get no compensation at all. 

Hope so I do want this team to be fleeced before we pay for our QB 

5 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

Your critique of Johnson...

Well for one, unrelated but Gase was also 36 when he got his first HC role.

Both came out of the NFCN. 

Both were various position coaches before becoming OCs.

Johnson was OC for 1 year.

Gase was technically OC for 2 years in Denver (but Manning was there so he was the real OC) then 1 year OC in Chicago. 

Both were/are being talked about as hot-poo OCs that are/were going to innovate the game.

I agree, their offense is different. Johnson’s is much less complex than what Gase ran. 

Also, what team that Johnson has been apart of (ever) had success in the NFL?

So in summary, the similarities to Gase were...

- Same age

- Coached in the same division

- Previously position coaches

- Short term coordinators

- Talked about as hot candidates

Yeah, none of that had any significance whatsoever.

Likewise, their previous teams were pretty meaningless. And as to your suggestion that Gase had a more complex offense, what research did you do that told you that?

(just pulled it out of your ass, I'm guessing)

You wanna dislike Johnson? Fine, but your argument that he's Adam Gase 2.0 is just goofy.

• Pie 1