• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Go on record now before the hire is made Re: Sean Payton

GOAT

Go on record now before the hire is made Re: Sean Payton  

225 members have voted

1. 1. If we hire Sean are you still a Panthers fan?

14 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

And yet he may be perfectly fine with Fitt. 

It's not like Loomis is going to come over from the Saints to join Sean. 🤣

It's expected Payton wants to bring someone like Jeff Ireland along with him, and possibly some other members of the Saints front office.

Saints Wire

It makes sense. He'd have final say and people he knows doing the legwork.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's expected Payton wants to bring someone like Jeff Ireland along with him, and possibly some other members of the Saints front office.

Saints Wire

It makes sense. He'd have final say and people he knows doing the legwork.

Most proven candidate,  and Fitt is still part of the process. It does make sense that Sean bring guys he has worked with before. He can't bring Loomis, he is not an option. Sean may promote someone into the GM role, or he may ended up liking Fitts from the start.  Fitts is a proven talent evaluator, and has a good record so far for what he has been asked to do here, which isn't a whole lot different than what Sean is going to be asking of the GM. 

Regardless whom we end up with, we as fans don't get a voice in it. 

Just now, pantherclaw said:

Most proven candidate,  and Fitt is still part of the process. It does make sense that Sean bring guys he has worked with before. He can't bring Loomis, he is not an option. Sean may promote someone into the GM role, or he may ended up liking Fitts from the start.  Fitts is a proven talent evaluator, and has a good record so far for what he has been asked to do here, which isn't a whole lot different than what Sean is going to be asking of the GM. 

Regardless whom we end up with, we as fans don't get a voice in it. 

The only way he could bring Ireland along would be as replacement GM.

Anything else would be a lateral move.

• Pie 1

I used to really hate Sean Payton. I don't see how he could ever really bleed black and blue after all of the rivalries of the last 10+ years. 

But if there's one thing I can say I 100% hate more than Sean Payton it would definitely be losing. I feel like he gives us a good chance at making this team competitive year in and year out. 

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin
  • Pie 1

Meh, Sean Payton took the Saints from perpetual basement dwellers to frequent Super Bowl contenders.  We all know Tepper desperately needs someone just like Payton with the knowledge and experience to rapidly turn this team around.  Unfortunately, SP is the only coach that meets the requirements that is currently available for hire.