• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Florida QB commit Jaden Rashada files for release from his commitment after $13 Million NIL deal falls through

jayboogieman

7 hours ago, Varking said:

Wasn’t worth the drama for the Gators when we have a better kid coming in next year who actually wants to be here in DJ Lagway. I never understood the Rashada flip. 

Don't count your chickens before they've hatched. Long way to December.

The Rashada flip, besides writing cheques he couldn't cash, was purely a recruiting momentum play. Napier was getting bodied on the trail and needed a win against Cristobal.

10 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The NCAA is gonna have to figure out some type of framework for this stuff. I'm all for the players getting compensated but it can't be a wild west situation.

It was always the wild west.

People are just now seeing how it worked before because it isn't having to be kept secret.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, OldhamA said:

Don't count your chickens before they've hatched. Long way to December.

The Rashada flip, besides writing cheques he couldn't cash, was purely a recruiting momentum play. Napier was getting bodied on the trail and needed a win against Cristobal.

I try not to but Lagway has been a consistent wanting to be a Gator even before Napier and he’s going out of his way to recruit other kids in his class to come to Florida, too. It’s how we got the two WRs. He’s a good kid and without Rashada he has no true competition in front of him when he gets here. He’ll play early. 

12 hours ago, 4Corners said:

Well just in the past week they’ve already changed the transferring rule to try and circumvent kids transferring year after year but of course they left some grey area about mental health. 

one thing that would help is to 

make all NIL deals public information. Transparency is needed. No NDAs for student athletes. 

also, the tampering must be punished and punished severely. USC def tampered with Jordan Addison last year, and Mack alluded to UGA and another SEC school tampering with Josh Downs last off season and of course the rumors about Maye. poo is garbage. Killing the sport. 

It’s already dead lol. 

• Beer 1

I don’t know anything about this situation but it initially sounds like NIO has gone from kids making a few bucks to kids getting exploited and lured into making big decisions based on a mythical payday.  If they don’t get on top of this soon someone else will.  I can see a stripped down union lite approach coming in.  

4 minutes ago, Killah_Ray said:

Just think there are states starting to allow NILs for high school sports now…when does this crazy poo end?

I mean dude it’s capitalism. They are marketing themselves and making as much money as possible. If you are a true American and love capitalism you should support the idea of NIL 

however - a lot of these are fraudulent, bogus NIL deals that are just disguised bribe money. 

7 hours ago, 4Corners said:

I mean dude it’s capitalism. They are marketing themselves and making as much money as possible. If you are a true American and love capitalism you should support the idea of NIL 

however - a lot of these are fraudulent, bogus NIL deals that are just disguised bribe money. 

It not a bribe. They are HIRING these kids. This is a business for these kids now. College is a pro-league.

15 minutes ago, Tbe said:

It not a bribe. They are HIRING these kids. This is a business for these kids now. College is a pro-league.

LOL. It’s laundered bribe money from friends of the school. Pay for play. Not all of the NIL deals are but what exactly do you call Texas AM or Ohio State boosters offering Drake Maye 4 million dollars pay for play? 

10 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

LOL. It’s laundered bribe money from friends of the school. Pay for play. Not all of the NIL deals are but what exactly do you call Texas AM or Ohio State boosters offering Drake Maye 4 million dollars pay for play?

It’s all legal. Unlike real bribes and money laundering.

Pay for play is here for good.