• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Olsen very good in the booth

Jmac

I think Olsen is tearing it up. He’ll probably improve technically, get slicker and more polished, but he is fresh and hitting it hard.

His game within the game stuff is the best thing going now. The route explanations and how things set up strategy or play design are better than I remember seeing for a while. 
I hope he doesn’t become irritating once the freshness wears off. I am almost there with Romo. He was fresh at first by a lot, now it’s meh.

33 minutes ago, stratocatter said:

I think Olsen is tearing it up. He’ll probably improve technically, get slicker and more polished, but he is fresh and hitting it hard.

His game within the game stuff is the best thing going now. The route explanations and how things set up strategy or play design are better than I remember seeing for a while. 
I hope he doesn’t become irritating once the freshness wears off. I am almost there with Romo. He was fresh at first by a lot, now it’s meh.

Romo seems to have gotten full of himself and lazy.  Greg is very smart, seems to be a hard worker, and a fairly humble guy.  Don't think he will quit taking this seriously.  He seems very professional.  

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, PanthersATL said:

Looks like we're getting another year of Greg in the #1 announcer slot?

Good.

Brady is intimidated by  Olsen's competence. He is taking the year to practice. Would not surprise me if he decides to take another roll in 2024.

https://theathletic.com/4160548/2023/02/06/tom-brady-fox-nfl-broadcasting/

(I’m) going to take some time to really learn, become great at what I want to do … making sure I don’t rush into anything.”

He told “The Herd” that he plans to watch Fox’s lead broadcast team of Greg Olsen and Kevin Burkhardt call Sunday’s Super Bowl.

“I’ll be watching 50 percent watching the game and 50 percent listening to those two and hearing the amazing job they’re going to do along with the whole Fox Sports crew,” Brady said.