• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Coach Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Ricky Spanish

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You're referring to the guy who thought Matt Rhule was a viable option? 🤔

At least Wilks has an NFL background and some good leadership qualities.

To me Tepper seems sort of reactionary. With Rhule it was nothing but good things from the media and meeting him, I could see how he'd be duped into something like that. With Wilks he saw every game with his own eyes. I also think he has unrealistic standards so that's my main reason to think it will be Shane, Flashy and new, just how tep fell in love with Rhule.

3 minutes ago, La Pantera said:

I think not calling a time out, to save yourself from the delay penalty. On 3rd and 5, with around 6 min to go at midfield, was pretty dumb as well.

Let’s also not forget:

-the Rams game where he neutered the offense because he was scared of getting blown out.

-the Ravens game where he let Baker play the entire game because Sam wasn’t ready yet played excellent against Denver the next week.

-Couldn’t stop the run against Pittsburgh, and got picked apart by Mitch Trubisky.

-Was down 35 against cinci at halftime.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Growl said:

it’s not the coach’s job to impress the players

If the players wanted Steve wilks they shouldn’t have put up yet another losing season 

the players had a chance to have their say and they blew it and now they have will have to impress the new coach or they’ll be looking elsewhere for employment 

i have wanted an offensive minded coach since 2007 when i started wanting Fox gone. 

i was kind of conflicted in regards to wilks because i really like him and i love that the players love him. but, like you said, they blew some games that would have helped secure wilks a full time job. 

it sucks for wilks because i think he's a good coach, but he got dealt a crappy hand here and in AZ. the biggest thing working against him is that he's a defensive minded coach in a league trending towards the offense. 

the players love him, but that wasn't enough to win crucial games. he just didn't pull the best out of them.

• Pie 2

11 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

Exactly. I wouldn’t be opposed to Wilks if I knew he wouldn’t torture us with Al Holcombe like Rivera did with Eric Washington. 

Like I said, don't give him a choice. New coordinators if you want the job. 

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

i have wanted an offensive minded coach since 2007 when i started wanting Fox gone. 

i was kind of conflicted in regards to wilks because i really like him and i love that the players love him. but, like you said, they blew some games that would have helped secure wilks a full time job. 

it sucks for wilks because i think he's a good coach, but he got dealt a crappy hand here and in AZ. the biggest thing working against him is that he's a defensive minded coach in a league trending towards the offense. 

the players love him, but that wasn't enough to win crucial games. he just didn't pull the best out of them.

The QB was not enough to win crucial games...and the 3rd string CB.