• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Coach Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Ricky Spanish

2 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

I'll take it. Reich would be an instant upgrade at coach. As we saw with Wilks, an actual NFL head coach would have had this team performing years ago.

No more time to waste. Plug and play Reich.

Frank Reich shouldn't have been fired from the Colts. That organization is a mess from the top down and the fact he had the success he did after Luck unexpectedly retired was a miracle. He will need a strong DC to create a competitive team though. Eberflus had that defense humming and the main reason the team sucked in 2022 aside from Matt Ryan being washed out was their defense took a hard fall from grace. 

That said, Frank Reich just feels like a bland hire. Won't excite the fanbase, but might produce results on the field. Best thing he has going for him is he might have a good chance to develop a rookie QB. 

• Pie 5

6 minutes ago, OldNorthPowell said:

Nobody wanted us and nobody else wanted Wilks. We got each other though. 6-11 for life. Everyone better get on the mediocre bus now before it takes off.

Why would anyone want to coach for this train wreck of a franchise. Tepper has soiled his reputation since day 1

Edited by ickmule

I told everyone it was going to be focused on an experienced HC. The young coordinator interviews were to gage where thier mindsets were at and compare plans and such. 

It was always going to be a experienced coach after the Rhule experiment.  

Why I said yesterday that I'd expected Wilks, Reich, Payton to get second interviews and Steichen if he agreed to the front office Coordinator plans for a younger coach. 

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

I told everyone it was going to be focused on an experienced HC. The young coordinator interviews were to gage where thier mindsets were at and compare plans and such. 

It was always going to be a experienced coach after the Rhule experiment.  

Why I said yesterday that I'd expected Wilks, Reich, Payton to get second interviews and Steichen if he agreed to the front office Coordinator plans for a younger coach. 

Agree on your comment on Steichen, making sure he is surrounded by experience is key. I would push for the same thing.

Just now, hepcat said:

Frank Reich shouldn't have been fired from the Colts. That organization is a mess from the top down and the fact he had the success he did after Luck unexpectedly retired was a miracle. He will need a strong DC to create a competitive team though. Eberflus had that defense humming and the main reason the team sucked in 2022 aside from Matt Ryan being washed out was their defense took a hard fall from grace. 

That said, Frank Reich just feels like a bland hire. Won't excite the fanbase, but might produce results on the field. Best thing he has going for him is he might have a good chance to develop a rookie QB. 

Reich being hired will be a turning point away from the depths of the sea where Jets and Dolphins reside.

Maybe the Panthers are trying to pair HC Reich to assistant HC Wilks thus both getting 2nd interviews close together.

Reich will make Corral the QB the Panthers knew he could be when they stole him in the third, definitely. No better coach/NFL QB mentor than Reich, Harbaugh, Payton.

We need one of those former QBs for the QB position going forward, we will now have an in house QB expert which we've lacked like forever.

• Beer 1