• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching Interviews: Round Two

Mr. Scot

15 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

This is why we have a joke of a fanbase.

People actively rooting for the team to fail because they hate the coach we hired.

I didn't like the Rhule hire but I didn't want to see him fail.

Man times have changed.lol

I don’t like losing and don’t want to suck.

but man, what another 2010 season could do some nice weeding out some of these fans the jumped on in 2015

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, frankw said:

https://usbettingreport.com/news/how-have-interim-head-coaches-fared-in-the-nfl-in-the-past-10-years/

This is just one of the first results from my search but Doug Marrone and Mike Mularkey are the two most recent to make the jump from interim to permanent on a long term basis. Marrone went 24-43 and Mularkey went 36-53. That doesn't bode well for the pro Wilks folks to say the least.

This would be true if success were determined by probability and the few who proceeded him.  But Wilkes is his own story and in many eyes has shown more than enough to be coach. That isn't a singular feeling but a common feeling.  But Tepper is going to have his way and doesn't seem to care what fans or players think. So he gets what he deserves. Unfortunately we fans and PSL owners don't deserve what we have gotten so far.

• Poo 1

1 minute ago, ncfan said:

I don’t like losing and don’t want to suck.

but man, what another 2010 season could do some nice weeding out some of these fans the jumped on in 2015

We haven't been in the playoffs in going on 6 years my guy. The bandwagon fans are long gone mostly.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2

I don’t give a poo Reich was our first qb, I don’t give a poo Reich has family here, I don’t give a poo his daughter works for the team…he better have gotten the job bc he’s a good coach. Just win some fugging games for the love of God. 

Edited by The Lobo
  • Pie 2

50 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Coaches don't make players play better. 

Coaches call plays. 

Dak controls his success not Kellen Moore.

This is not a controlled robot. 

What an absolute brain dead take. Holy poo. Delete this, fam.

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

As a fellow tenured engineer yes, all of the above. There is a point at which you get tired of teaching some else how to do their job. There's a point where you tell yourself that these young, know-it-all, wet behind the ears, fresh out of college, twits are going to have to learn the hard way just like you did. Luckily for me my staff has already gone through their growing pains and are running on autopilot. My stress is now solely from clients. 

“Engineer” is kind of a nebulous term these days. What kinda engineering are we talking about?

Surprised they are saying Wilks and Reich are the final two.

I think the Panthers really wanted Johnson and now here we are. 

I have always said I like Wilks.  He's a standup guy and a good leader, but I don't love him as HC. 

If we are going to hire Wilks, I'd rather wait and interview Ryans.  There's no reason not to if you are going with a defensive HC.

Reich may be OK, hopefully our offense will get better.  Curious to see what his staff would look like and what does he do without a very good option at QB, a very weak TE room, and WRs that are unproven (not DJ although he needs to stay engaged an entire season).

I didn't read all the posts about the Dallas coaches but is Moore under contract with Dallas or not? If not, what would you say if Frank Reich was hired as HC and Moore as OC as "someone waiting in the wings" type of OC that could eventually replace Reich when he retires?

1 minute ago, methodtoll said:

I didn't read all the posts about the Dallas coaches but is Moore under contract with Dallas or not? If not, what would you say if Frank Reich was hired as HC and Moore as OC as "someone waiting in the wings" type of OC that could eventually replace Reich when he retires?

Yes I think someone posted a quote saying him and a few others were under contract. 

• Pie 2