• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching Interviews: Round Two

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, ncfan said:

He pushed for Wentz after he took the job.  Luck retired.   And instead of drafting him one.  Irsay and Ballard decided to get him Jacolby Brissett and Old Man River.  So eventually he decided to just grab a guy he had success with in Philly.

He still had 3 winning seasons out of 4 despite all that.

Exactly.  This franchise has NEVER had 3 winning seasons out of 4, have we?  Even in the prime Cam years we were never that consistent.  We could do a whole lot worse than Reich.  If hes the coach, personally I am excited to see what he can do here.  As with any coach, its going to largely depend on who his QB is. 

1 minute ago, ncfan said:

He pushed for Wentz after he took the job.  Luck retired.   And instead of drafting him one.  Irsay and Ballard decided to get him Jacolby Brissett and Old Man River.  So eventually he decided to just grab a guy he had success with in Philly.

He still had 3 winning seasons out of 4 despite all that.

Could do worse at least he isn't a defensive coordinator. Depending on his staff I could live with it. I'd feel better knowing we're changing directions at least.

6 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

I don’t want Reich but shitting on him for turning chicken salad into chicken poo in Indianapolis is uneducated.

The next coach won’t be anywhere near success in Indy as long as Ballard and Irsay are micromanaging everything. 

His Quarterbacks in his 4.5 years.

2018-Andrew Luck

2019- Jacoby Brissett

2020- 40 Year old Phillip Rivers

2021- Carson Wentz

2022- 37 year Old Matt Ryan

Their next HC is looking like it’ll be Jeff Saturday.

The former player/TV analysts with no experience until he went 1-7 as a intern this year.

but is friends with the owner.  
want to know the dysfunction Reich was working with.  Look at what’s going on up there

Edited by ncfan
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, frankw said:

Could do worse at least he isn't a defensive coordinator. Depending on his staff I could live with it. I'd feel better knowing we're changing directions at least.

His defenses weren’t terrible. Gus Bradley really did a good job as DC. 

John Fox was also on his staff as a Defensive Assistant. And I think he still lives in Charlotte… hmmm

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

we dont know what it was

I think it was something that gave all the young guys pause. They wanted them paired with an experienced HC somewhere on staff and the panthers search team seemed to have preferred Fangio as that coach. 

Panthers been so quiet til today, there's no telling. 

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

Yeah that last part. I have a story that involves coffee and music I seen first hand years ago when my company was doing work at the stadium.

From what I've heard, a lot of people have stories about George Seifert being a dick.

Our old long snapper Mark Rodenhauser is one of them.

Edited by Mr. Scot

Just now, carpanfan96 said:

I think it was something that gave all the young guys pause. They wanted them paired with an experienced HC somewhere on staff and the panthers search team seemed to have preferred Fangio as that coach. 

Panthers been so quiet til today, there's no telling. 

Thats an angle I havent thought about.  The Panthers could be like "we have vic on the hook for you as DC" and SS could have said fug off

interesting

5 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

The Panthers are conducting a second interview with former Colts coach Frank Reich today in Charlotte, per source. He's gained steam as a candidate, with David Tepper seemingly pivoting to more experienced coaches through the process.

Reich played for the Panthers in 1995.

— Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) January 25, 2023

Oh joy.

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

sure, so my point remains, since there are no caps on how many we interview, why the fug wouldnt we fly him down and pick his brain and see whats up?  It literally hurts no one 

He can't be talked to again until after the 30th.

Would you really want to hold off for close to another week on hiring the head coach of your choice just to do that?