• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching Interview Thread IV: A New Hope

Ricky Spanish

4 minutes ago, Waldo said:

How about neither and give me a Daboll.

You mean the non aggressive guy who punted the ball away down in the 4th quarter in the playoffs?

thought you guys already made it known you don’t want a guy like that.

Edited by ncfan
  • Flames 2

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Or shannonhan or Mike mcdaniel or mcvay

We are not allowed to talk about coaches the do not fit the new 'process'. Thank god they brought in Nicole for such a high quality HC search. Good practice for the next one in a year or 2.

3 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Is Reich getting credit for phillys O? Wasn’t that Pederson?

Reich's first year with the Colts they went from the last ranked offense in the NFL to a top 5 offense. Then the next year with Jacoby Brisset they were still a top 15 offense. Then top 10 the next year.... I think Reich has a good idea on how to run an offense.

• Pie 6

2 minutes ago, ncfan said:

You mean the non aggressive guy who punted the ball away down in the 4th quarter in the playoffs.

thought you guys already made it known you don’t want a guy like that.

The one that made it to the playoffs and won a game when he shouldn't have had a winning record with that roster?

Edited by Waldo

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Or shannonhan or Mike mcdaniel or mcvay

Okay but 2 of those guys have worse career winning percentages than Reich.  I love all three too and would take them in a second (which is why I wanted one of the younger OCs), but Reich has a pretty good record.

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

The one that made it to the playoffs and won a game when he shouldn't have had a winning record with that roster?

Cool

vs the guy who was 1 game out of the playoffs with the roster that was double the betting odds for the #1 pick as the next team when he took over 

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Reich's first year with the Colts they went from the last ranked offense in the NFL to a top 5 offense. Then the next year with Jacoby Brisset they were still a top 15 offense. Then top 10 the next year.... I think Reich has a good idea on how to run an offense.

And all the Colts had to do was beat the league-worst Jacksonville Jags to get into the playoffs on the last game of the regular season in 2021 and they pissed their pants. Lost to a bad Raiders team the week before and then went to Jacksonville and were never in the game.

• Pie 1

Reich is aggressive, offense minded, and has worked with a slew of different QBs from superstars to washouts to just good backups with solid to excellent results on the offensice end. Winning record in 3 of 4 years and playoffs in 2, and that's with a new QB every year. He's less inspiring to fans but his resume is excellent. He isn't my first choice but my first choice stayed in Detroit lol

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Man, if it IS Reich, and he doesn't turn things around here, watching his full supporters turn on him will be quite the thing to witness!

Angry Jim Henson GIF by Muppet Wiki

Meanwhile, those "meh" on him will be all ...

Matt Leblanc Whatever GIF

And those against the hire will be ...

Telling Told You So GIF by Jo Koy

Just another year in Panthers fandom.

Im So Excited Jimmy Fallon GIF

At least we’ll be here.

vs the young hot shot flops and those supporters will be MIA

5 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Out of all the names brought up as possible candidates and an initial round of interviews and the best 2nd interviews candidates are Frank Reich and Steve Wilks?

Holy crap- a lot of very good, viable candidates must have said, "No, thanks," to have to scrape these 2 guys up.

Honestly when Ben Johnson decided to go back to the Lions my hope pretty much faded. 
I mean he would rather take a chance the Lions don’t Lion next season then a chance at a head coaching gig. 

Edited by TLGPanthersFan
  • Beer 2

21 minutes ago, NJPanthers12 said:

i truly underestimated how damn stupid david tepper truly is. i went from thinking there was no shot wilks could be the choice, to now ill be pretty surprised if he isnt. this is going to be a dark day in panthers history. we are going begging for the george seifert days after we get done with the wilks era, which i will guarantee will not last more than 3 years. 

my new prediction is that the panthers will not be in charlotte in 15 years. tepper has zero respect for the fans. zero connection to the city. and we are about to see this fan base disappear like weve never seen before. you cant go from rhule to wilks. the smart fans wont pay and wont show up. this will give him more ammo to move the team. 

In 15 years, Tepper could be dead and his wife assume. She seems to actually like the city, the fans and the team 

…or we could be dead also and it won’t matter in any case 

Live for the day   At least there is a team here to love, hate or bitch about 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1