• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching Interview Thread IV: A New Hope

Ricky Spanish

A reply to lady panther from the other thread. 

The Panthers interviewed/requested interviews with two types of defensive coordinators. Experienced ones and those with really ties to Fitt and Morgan from Seattle. 

That's the first part, 

Second part is after the Vic Fangio interview for DC, people thought it was associated with Payton being hired. Then leaks came out that the Panthers wanted to pair Fangio with one of the young OC's. 

Essentially the Panthers wanted to pick the young OC's defensive coordinator and the DC would pick his defensive staff.  

1 minute ago, carpanfan96 said:

The Panthers interviewed/requested interviews with two types of defensive coordinators. Experienced ones and those with really ties to Fitt and Morgan from Seattle. 

That's the first part, 

Second part is after the Vic Fangio interview for DC, people thought it was associated with Payton being hired. Then leaks came out that the Panthers wanted to pair Fangio with one of the young OC's. 

Essentially the Panthers wanted to pick the young OC's defensive coordinator and the DC would pick his defensive staff.  

is there a link or tweet for this because this is the first I have seen it was reported. 

Just now, carpanfan96 said:

That's the first part, 

Man they fugged up. Wait for the young OC to want the job and then hold their hand getting a good DC. I wondered what the poision pill was and there it is.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

is there a link or tweet for this because this is the first I have seen it was reported. 

I think that is mainly speculation based on the series of events that has played out. I doubt anyone really knows beyond the interview committee and the candidate or candidates.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1