• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reich New Head Coach

NJPanthers12

I don't hate Steve Wilks; what I hate is the borderline obsession a portion of this fan base has with him and the "smash mouth" style he represents.

It's not 1995 anymore, folks. I remember when the fans complained non-stop about "Foxball" and wanted a modern NFL offense. Nowadays Matt Rhule has folks so shell-shocked they're begging to go right back to it.

Reich was far from my first choice (Steichen) but my priority was getting an offensive-minded HC and he does fit that.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Nine wins will be better than the usual I guess.

If the worst we could do is 9 wins a season brother I will take that anytime.  Add 2 or 3 wins to that and you are in the playoffs every season.  With nine wins every season you are always in contention.  

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

Just now, Jay Roosevelt said:

I don't hate Steve Wilks; what I hate is the borderline obsession a portion of this fan base has with him and the "smash mouth" style he represents.

It's not 1995 anymore, folks. I remember when the fans complained non-stop about "Foxball" and wanted a modern NFL offense. Nowadays Matt Rhule has folks so shell-shocked they're begging to go right back to it.

Reich was far from my first choice (Steichen) but my priority was getting an offensive-minded HC and he does fit that.

the "leader of men" marker got a bit cheesy as well

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Don't forget the qb coach.  I'm very interested in seeing who that will be as well.

I believe that Reich will be able to get a lot of top notch, asst. coaches and that is one reason I was on board for the Panthers to select him.

Edited by KatsAzz
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

I agree. And why would folks be excited to go back to “smash mouth” football that has never produced back to back winning seasons here?

• Pie 2