• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Revisiting the CMC Trade

WarHeel

They should’ve never traded him, let’s be honest. Especially for that trade package…

CMC trade and Darnold trades not good looks for Fitty… especially if you think about it, they basically just swapped the two players/recouped the draft picks from the Darnold trade in the CMC trade. And sent him within the NFC to an old division rival…oof

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, panthersphan said:

They should’ve never traded him, let’s be honest. Especially for that trade package…

CMC trade and Darnold trades not good looks for Fitty… especially if you think about it, they basically just swapped the two players/recouped the draft picks from the Darnold trade in the CMC trade. And sent him within the NFC to an old division rival…oof

WOW!! Smh!!

Fitt getting that package for a rb that has been injured for 2 years is literally the only reason I have faith in him..

• Poo 1

4 hours ago, WarHeel said:

Christian debunked two dumb ass theories this season.

1) “He can’t stay healthy.”

-He’s on his way to his 4th season of 100% games played.

2) “RBs aren’t a value position.”

-The stats speak for themselves. The Niners went from the bottom half of the league to the top 5 in points scored and yards per game after securing CMC. In the same time they have won 12 straight games. Anyone with a pulse knows this man is more than just a RB anyway. 

Carolina fan until I die but I’ll always root for Deuce Deuce. 

Poo away…

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35532103/inside-story-trade-sent-christian-mccaffrey-san-francisco-49ers-carolina-panthers

At the time of the deal, San Francisco was 3-3 and struggling to find offensive consistency. It has won 12 straight since McCaffrey became the starter and now plays in the NFC Championship Game at the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday (3 p.m. ET, Fox). McCaffrey did not practice Wednesday or Thursday due to a bruised calf but says there's "zero chance" he's not playing.

Before McCaffrey, the Niners ranked 19th in the NFL in points scored per game (20.3), 18th in yards per game (340.2) and expected points added (minus-0.05). After McCaffrey's arrival, the 49ers rank second (29.8), fourth (379.6) and second (7.4) in those categories, respectively.

What did the Panthers achieve with him ?

I could give a rats ass about the 49ers 

7 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

On average, RB stats start going down after the age of 26.

There's no reason to keep a RB after his rookie deal is over.

The only high dollar rb in the playoffs is CMC ..

Mixon is making 10 mil a year.. and not the biggest threat in that offense..

Remind me who was The Rams RB last year??

Don’t worry about it they weren’t paying him much either..

MESSAGE!!

35 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

That's my point though?

Why pay a RB a second contract when young guys on rookie deals produce for way cheaper.

I mean, IF he can keep it up (many can't), give it a go. You have to have fan favorites, team HOFers, legends, etc. Next thing you know we'll be doing it to WRs too. Sometimes players deserve to stay around, even if it costs us.

2 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

I mean, IF he can keep it up (many can't), give it a go. You have to have fan favorites, team HOFers, legends, etc. Next thing you know we'll be doing it to WRs too. Sometimes players deserve to stay around, even if it costs us.

Do that with the QB, LT or pass rusher.. The high valued positions.. Stop over paying rb with short shelf life of production..

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

I agree to an extent, but the way of the bell cow back is going by the wayside.

The only surefire lock to get into the HOF from the RB position from the past 15 years is Adrian Peterson.

Frank Gore might not get in at first since his stats are all due to longevity (which in itself is amazing based on the position he played) but he was never the best back in the league at any point in his career.

Behind those two you have Marshawn Lynch and Shady McCoy, neither of which are a lock to get in.

WRs, on the other hand are experiencing a logjam to get into the HOF. Guys like Smitty and Andre Johnson would have been locks to get in if they were eligible 20 years ago, but the game has changed so much that guys like Tory Holt and Reggie Wayne are waiting to get in, with guys like Julio Jones, Antonio Brown, and Larry Fitzgerald not eligible yet, but in consideration once they are.

It makes sense to pay WRs in this day and age because the position is at a premium and unless you have an S Tier QB in Mahomes or Rodgers, you need great Receivers. Whereas with a RB, you can get away with not having even great talent at the position.