• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL cap going way up

ncfan

7 minutes ago, NJPanthers12 said:

respectfully disagree. the $8M is no different than the $10M sitting on the books for Robbie Anderson. the $5.2M could go to an important piece if you think Jackson is done after the injury. do i think they cut him, no, but i would. 

Respectfully, are you doing the math of your suggestion? That is negative 8 million dollars by this single transaction you are suggesting, and you still get the dead cap into next year as well... By cutting D-Jax... for no reason whatsover... you are accumilating 13 million dollars in dead cap over two years for 5.2million in 2023.... 

Do you see the discrepancy with that logic? There is no outcome of cutting D-Jax in 2023 that you are saving any money at all.... 

Edited by TheCasillas

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Respectfully, are you doing the math of your suggestion? That is negative 8 million dollars by this single transaction you are suggesting, and you still get the dead cap into next year as well... By cutting D-Jax... for no reason whatsover you are accumilating 13 million dollars in dead cap over two years for 5.2million in 2023.... 

Do you see the discrepancy with that logic? There is no outcome of cutting D-Jax in 2023 that you are saving any money at all.... 

you are saving 5.2M this year towards the cap this year where you are currently $9M over

7BE15F66-F016-47D0-9DEF-308B5F745E75.jpeg.751ab3ab3fce1db3b0f3aff449c60177.jpeg

It makes no sense to do anything with Jackson this offseason. Next offseason it makes sense to cut him. 

And to the crowd that thinks we have a lot of money we don’t. Restructuring and all that fun stuff is how we keep getting into this mess. Now people want to spend cap space with have in the coming years? Lucky for that crowd I do fully expect them to blow through a lot of future cap space this offseason. 

Ideally they find their damn QB of the future this offseason. Limit the amount they dip into future cap space and go heavy in next offseason if we have our QB

• Pie 2

You cut Shaq, Elflein and Damian Wilson and immediately save 21 million 

Then they’ll extend Burns and if they want they’ll lower that 16 million dollar cap hit this year. I’d prefer them to take the biggest hit possible on that deal now though. 

We are NOT winning the Super Bowl next year so let’s keep as much cap space open for 2024. Hopefully our new QB we draft this year along with Reich will be entering season 2 and that’s when you make your push 

• Pie 1

33 minutes ago, NJPanthers12 said:

we have a ton of cap room. they can restructure both moore and moton to create a ton of space. also cut shaq, possibly donte jackson, eflein, and zane gonzalez. 

Probably won’t cut Dante. But he can restructure pretty easily. Moore and Moton are the same way. 

Shaq is almost a lock to get cut. So is Elflein and Zane. 

We should be somewhere between 40-50 million.

However, you have Bozeman with a market value of 14-17 million per year and Burns with a value of 18-20 million per year. Burns is going to count 16 this year I believe but none of it is guaranteed which makes him an ideal trade target.

Just now, Cdparr7 said:

Probably won’t cut Dante. But he can restructure pretty easily. Moore and Moton are the same way. 

Shaq is almost a lock to get cut. So is Elflein and Zane. 

We should be somewhere between 40-50 million.

However, you have Bozeman with a market value of 14-17 million per year and Burns with a value of 18-20 million per year. Burns is going to count 16 this year I believe but none of it is guaranteed which makes him an ideal trade target.

agreed and you can probably add damien wilson to that as well. if bozeman is going to cost 15-17m per year, i move on. 

36 minutes ago, NJPanthers12 said:

agreed and you can probably add damien wilson to that as well. if bozeman is going to cost 15-17m per year, i move on. 

I think he may actually settle for less. I think Burns is the one that will be difficult. We supposedly turned down 2 firsts for him. He is slated to make 16 million on 5th year option with a market value of 20 million. People think he’s going to do us a favor and takes less and more later. That’s not happening

18 hours ago, d-dave said:

Ahh, the cap.  Where we always say "We have no cap room!"  Or "The Saints have a billion in dead cap!"  

Then FA proceeds to happen per usual... 😃

Good times!

Its the same every year. We are in cap hell, the Saints are in cap hell and wont be able to sign anyone. Turns out to not be true once the season gets closer and then repeat the cycle next offseason.

• Beer 1

19 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

Cutting Jackson would be boneheaded...You keep him one more year and you get 10million back in saving.. cut him this year you pay 12m and save 2m... there is no value in cutting Jackson. Trading? different story.

Plus if you cut Jackson then CB becomes a huge need. Remember the Tampa game?