• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Frank Reich's Intro Presser - Today, Noon EST

Bear Hands

And yeah, I can see not being fully up to speed on the turf. It’s not like part of the interview process was “Well Frank you know we have a small town big controversy here about turf vs grass.” But he was not touching that at all. Set up the non answer right off with the “If I don’t answer the question you asked it’s because I am sometimes selectively hard of hearing.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, top dawg said:

He did intimate that a running QB who can pass from the pocket is preferable. Running is preferable to passing, but you need to have those chunk plays down field. It's standard fare that makes sense.

He hedged on whether he'll call plays. It will likely depend upon the OC. I don't think we'll get any big names out there, and "bye-bye McAdoo," it seems.

A running QB who can pass from the pocket...

sounds oddly familiar...

(though I prefer the QB not run for his life and just make passes in the pocket)

Edited by glenwo2

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

He did intimate that a running QB who can pass from the pocket is preferable. Running is preferable to passing, but you need to have those chunk plays down field. It's standard fare that makes sense.

He hedged on whether he'll call plays. It will likely depend upon the OC. I don't think we'll get any big names out there, and "bye-bye McAdoo," it seems.

The logic behind running is a breath of fresh air after 12 years of "ThE mOsT wInNiNgEsT tEaMz RuN dA bAlL aT lEaSt 20 tImEs PeR gAmE"

Completely ignoring the fact that if you're winning you kill the clock at the end of the game by running.

Rivera and Rhule were so dumb about that crap it was infuriating. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

11 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

He went a lot deeper on what he is looking for then I was expecting.  Dumbass fowler asked him to evaluate the qbs on the roster and he clearly side stepped that as of today we only have one and he is injured.  Fowler is a dumbfug, always has been

He didn't sidestep it, he just forgot to answer it because he was too busy waxing on about the first part.

8 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Im guessing no one caught the comment about running a zone blocking scheme from Reich? Thats a huge change for us.  If im not mistaken... we havent tried a true ZBS since 2007 under Davidson.

Campen's Zone/Power Hybrid that he ran in GB shows well in that respect.  He knows every scheme and how to blend them.  He coached up two of my fave OL prospects in the past decade in Bitonio and Bakthiari so I think we've got a lot to really like with the approach.  This bodes really well for Brady & Icky.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, top dawg said:

He didn't sidestep it, he just forgot to answer it because he was too busy waxing on about the first part.

I will go back and watch again but I think he side step because there is only one dude under contract and he cannot play.  There was really nothing he could say about the situation, but I will watch again and see if you are right.

But all in all the first question was damn near moronic

These kinds of events are rarely that good. It’s a formality and the truth will come out in the players we put on the roster and the success we have on the field. My take away is when it comes to football, he has a plan and has the NFL experience to back it up. We’re in a great position to get a great young QB in here with a lot of talent around them. They need to execute on a QB successfully and roll them out properly. Barring injuries and the unexpected this roster is built to compete this season.

• Pie 3