• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reich’s description of a QB: It’s basically Corral

Wundrbread33

9 minutes ago, Varking said:

His issue is he ended one season hurt in college, folks questioned his durability and then he got hurt in his first real action in the pros and got out out for the whole season. Talent is great but if it’s not on the field it sucks. We’ve seen that with CMC and Horn. He needs to bulk up some for starters. 

His issues is more than injuries.

he had a big learning curb to begin with coming from the system he played in college.

He doesn’t really have any “Elite traits” and not the biggest either.

your not banking your future on a guy like that.  And there’s a reason he fell where he did in a Terrible class.  Hopefully Reich can develop him into a Nick Foles type backup.  Because backup QBs still have their value as you see Buffalo, SF, Miami, Dallas, etc have to use them in meaningful games this season.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah it's not worth the waste of a season to find out.  If he does he shouldn't have a problem beating out a rookie and vet during the season. 

Preseason. I get it. That's all he would ask. A real "QB competition". One where he could get a chance with first or even second stringers. He never got that.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

There is a reason Corral fell to the 3rd round while Young, Stroud, Levis are considered 1st round talent. This is like Houston hoping David Mills will save the day after riding with him for one more year, where did that get them? A top 2 pick! Grab the elite prospect and go with it! 

Besides I think this injury to Corral has really set his career back. Corral is essentially a rookie all over, he couldn't even get in physical reps during practice this year. 

1 minute ago, amcoolio said:

Yeah, I like Corral and he was my #1 QB last draft but he doesn't currently have an NFL body and has a long way to go. Can't count on him for the next few years IMO

He will have one year of NFL strength and conditioning when we see him next. Not the same player from 2021, probably heavier, stronger. It will be very interesting to see how he's progressed physically and mentally.

And for those who come out their pieholes with "Corral fanboys", in 2021 most of SEC college football were Corral fans, admirers or previously defeated by's. 

1 minute ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

There is a reason Corral fell to the 3rd round while Young, Stroud, Levis are considered 1st round talent. This is like Houston hoping David Mills will save the day after riding with him for one more year, where did that get them? A top 2 pick! Grab the elite prospect and go with it! 

Besides I think this injury to Corral has really set his career back. Corral is essentially a rookie all over, he couldn't even get in physical reps during practice this year. 

Corral was considered a late first round talent and was invited to dress up and be in the green room with his fellow first round talents. Why? Because he was widely considered a first round talent and those who continue to doubt that, barring injury, will be eating crow, especially now he's got Frank Reich.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Corral was considered a late first round talent and was invited to dress up and be in the green room with his fellow first round talents. Why? Because he was widely considered a first round talent and those who continue to doubt that, barring injury, will be eating crow, especially now he's got Frank Reich.

I believe Jimmy Clausen was invited as well.  Just because you get invited doesn’t mean you’re  a “top prospect”

• Pie 3

7 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

He will have one year of NFL strength and conditioning when we see him next. Not the same player from 2021, probably heavier, stronger. It will be very interesting to see how he's progressed physically and mentally.

And for those who come out their pieholes with "Corral fanboys", in 2021 most of SEC college football were Corral fans, admirers or previously defeated by's. 

They were Tea-Bo fans too.  College football isn’t NFL just because you look good in a college system doesn’t mean your automatically going to be the next big thing

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, ncfan said:

They were Tea-Bo fans too.  College football isn’t NFL just because you look good in a college system doesn’t mean your automatically going to be the next big thing

Which is why I don’t watch any collegiate sports. The best shooter in college basketball history avgs 4 minutes a night in the league 🤷‍♂️

8 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

You like Corral?

1 minute ago, RJK said:

Which is why I don’t watch any collegiate sports. The best shooter in college basketball history avgs 4 minutes a night in the league 🤷‍♂️

I mean

heck let’s just draft Stetson Bennett in rd 5 and let them battle it out.  And we should be good right?

• Beer 1