• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule files Suit against the Panthers

Mr. Scot

18 minutes ago, vorbis said:

Rhule's new contract with Nebraska is structured so that his salary is heavily weighted towards the later years of the deal. because of that, he's getting paid slightly less over the years that overlap with his Panthers deal, and he's suing for the difference between those two numbers.

honestly I think it's pretty greasy that he organized his new contract that way, really transparently just trying to squeeze an extra $5M out of his deal. which, in a vacuum I wouldn't really think much of it, go ahead and get your money. but in the context of Rhule's performance and his...demeanor after getting fired?

greasy.

another example of him talking a big game but not having anywhere near the ethics to back it up on a personal level.

I can't stand Rhule but that's the type of thing that occurs all over. Won't ding him for savvy business, particularly against a guy like Tepper, if it actually holds up. But...

6 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

With this context, I agree Tepper doesn't owe him poo. It'll all come down to the wording of the contract. It's arbitration and this is a strong argument. Don't know if arbitration has a discovery process, but Rhule might not have a leg to stand on with this.

... this is exactly right. Should be pretty easy to sort out one way or antoher with the offset language that is there. 

It took Jay Z seven years to get his money, so Rhule should expect to wait awhile. 

Honestly though, it's a lawsuit, it's not gross incompetence on anyone's part. He probably already asked for the money, and Tepper's lawyers think they have grounds to refuse to pay. A couple hundred thousand is less than $5MM, so I get why they're going through the courts vs. just shelling out the money. 

2 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

This could explain why Tepper retained him going into the season to avoid all of this but then midway Tepper was like fug It.

Also explains why Ms Tepper is becoming more involved with the football side. I know he’s new to this but there’s been some expensive swings and misses out of the gate. 

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If he's owed money per his contract then he's owed money, period. Pay the man if that's what the contract says.

I agree. I’m sure Rhule has a solid case. But if at all possible Rhule should have made this move as privately as possible. Tepper just admitted publicly that he made a mistake. And the next day this hits the media. Doesn’t take much for a man with that much “power” to get petty real fast and make that new job much more difficult. 

14 minutes ago, Toomers said:

I agree. I’m sure Rhule has a solid case. But if at all possible Rhule should have made this move as privately as possible. Tepper just admitted publicly that he made a mistake. And the next day this hits the media. Doesn’t take much for a man with that much “power” to get petty real fast and make that new job much more difficult. 

I'm sure he and his agent and lawyer tried to handle it behind the scenes and outside of the courts. Not honoring contractual agreements requiring legal intervention is starting to seem like a trend for Tepper.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm sure he and his agent and lawyer tried to handle it behind the scenes and outside of the courts. Not honoring contractual agreements is starting to seem like a trend for Tepper.

Read above.

Actually sounds like Tepper might have a point.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm sure he and his agent and lawyer tried to handle it behind the scenes and outside of the courts. Not honoring contractual agreements is starting to seem like a trend for Tepper.

Yep. My statements are definitely not taking into account all the stories about Tepper y’all have told. But what little I paid attention to those, I remember always thinking why is this guy being “cheap” about anything? So he may be cheap, or spiteful, or both. 

I just wouldn’t want him pissed at me, no matter what.