• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers land Evero as DC

UNCrules2187

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

This is shaping up to be the best coaching staff since........well I need to wait before I see the remaining and need a top tier strength staff as well.....

Duce, campy, tabor, and evero.......1661215833703432.png.8f2f48f91c43ab5b3cf2f1fa3b4e4c00.png

I'm interested in the QB coach and OC still to be named.  If we score there...eww wee maen!!!!

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I'm interested in the QB coach and OC still to be named.  If we score there...eww wee maen!!!!

Id say Philly is the answer......and it just keeps getting better. 

Brian Johnson should be a name to watch.....maybe couple days after the SB/

Edited by Basbear

This is where having that fat wallet is where Teppah specializes in. I’m sure Frank, Morgan, Fitt liked the guy, he tells them he has a flight to MN here in a hour and needs to head to the airport, Mr Teppah closes the door and says that won’t be necessary and hands him a blank check

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Awesome hire. Very happy about this. I wonder if it means we're moving to a 3-4 front? If so, I'm curious if we seen Brown as a NT or an end.

Stick Marquan McCall in there to take double teams in rotation maybe? Imagine him with good coaching, he's got the size and the motor

digging into Evero now that he's for sure coming and there's so much to like. I love hearing what the players say about him. just really encouraging all around.

one thing in particular that I'm kind of gobsmacked about. the success he had in Denver was with a very, very green staff underneath him. I know the general sense is that part of the appeal of coming to the Panthers was being able to build out his own staff. well check out his staff in Denver:

DLine coach: Marcus Dixon (1 year of NFL position coaching experience)

Inside LB coach: Peter Hanson (3 years of NFL position coaching experience)

Outside LB coach: Bert Watts (1 year of NFL position coaching experience)

DB coach: Christian Parker (2 years of NFL position coaching experience)

assistant DB coach: Ola Adams (first NFL position coaching gig)

that's 7 years of NFL position coaching experience among 5 position coaches. I have to think that's pretty uncommon in the NFL, and he had a really good defense that played together.

now he did have a couple consultant types in Dom Capers and Bill Kollar. but overall, he built a staff featuring young coaches, but with (very) senior NFL people consulting in addition to that. part of that might have been the vision of Nathaniel Hackett, but overall that is a very encouraging sign.

so since Evero presumably has the opportunity to build his own defensive staff in collaboration with Frank Reich who is open about wanting to collaborate on that, there's a decent chance some very junior coaches could be coming with Evero to the Panthers.

really cool!

Edited by vorbis
  • Pie 4