• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers land Evero as DC

UNCrules2187

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

We know the Panthers had already interviewed Evero so there wasn't really a need to repeat that process.

My guess would be the "discussions" probably involved the Panthers saying "This is what we'll pay you" and Evero saying "okay".

Wasn't the initial interview prior to Reich being named HC?  If so, what is Frank's role in the hiring of Evero?  Does Frank Reich have the final say or is he taking orders from above?

Just now, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Wasn't the initial interview prior to Reich being named HC?  If so, what is Frank's role in the hiring of Evero?  Does Frank Reich have the final say or is he taking orders from above?

It was a common sense hire for all involved once this became a possibility. 

9 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

I’m sure Reich is happy to have Evero on staff. Case in point:

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, CPcavedweller said:

The last time we tried switching to an odd front after Tepper the defensive coach was fired mid-season, then we went back to a 4-3. Tepper can't keep changing his mind on scheme like this. This isn't college where you Pull guys in the portal and just wallah...fixed.

I get the hire but he's going to need a good two to three seasons to complete the transition. Unless he wants to go multiple, we now have to commit draft picks to the defense and Free Agency just to make a scheme change rather than to build out the core of the roster. 

I won't be surprised if it doesn't work in Year 1 and by mid year 2 Tepper is losing his poo as he's been known for. 

Buckle up guys, 2023 is going to be bumpy. Tank for Maye/Williams is incoming.

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

• Pie 4

58 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Totally credit the whole hiring unit of The Teppers, Fitterer, and Morgan. 

The Rhule & Brady hires seemed reactive and under vetted in retrospect. This was  just a well rounded search leading to sound, experienced moves.

Reich may not have been our top pick as fans on the outside to start this off, but he’s got pull and this is looking to be a very good situation.

Now I’m really excited about who surfaces on the other side of the ball.

I mean we managed to land 2 guys we interviews for HC on the staff. Only the most ate up of us around here can find a problem with that. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

This hire not only gives me a raging boner but gives me a major vote of confidence that Reich was the right coach. He knows how to assemble a staff. I was hoping for years we would go to 3-4 and now we have a match made in heaven with the coordinator coming in. Burns, Luvu and Chinn are about to shine. God this is the best off season in recent memory. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1