• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lamar Jackson Rumors: Ravens Could Consider Trading QB for 'Windfall' of Draft Picks

GOAT

3 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Seems like Cam is the poster boy for every QB who runs.

People said the same thing about Josh Allen this year saying he is gonna end up like Cam.

My question why wasn't this a thing before Cam?

Vick never had that label. 

Vick was never used as a battering ram. Cam was. No HC ever really let their QB take the designed beating that Ron let Cam take. 

Cam got hurt on 2 fluke plays. One was landing wrong and the other was a nasty hit. The thing is using your QB as RB 2.0 increases the likelihood of having one of those hits. I don't remember which Bills game it was at the end of this year, but Allen was "tackled" by getting put into a split. That could have easily been a torn groin or something similar if he had turned wrong or his momentum had been going the other way. 

Lamar Jackson is a good QB, but I’m not willing to relinquish the picks needed for a move like this. The injuries concern me. More importantly, if I felt this was all we were lacking, I’d consider it. However, we have multiple needs and we need to keep draft capital and build the right way. 

• Pie 1

47 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

He's also "known" to have injury issues and fade in the playoffs.

(things that are kind of relevant when you're talking about giving up a massive haul of pics or guaranteeing a contract)

Look at that offense. Put any of the top QB's with that offense you think they making noise in the playoffs?

44 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Vick was never used as a battering ram. Cam was. No HC ever really let their QB take the designed beating that Ron let Cam take. 

Cam got hurt on 2 fluke plays. One was landing wrong and the other was a nasty hit. The thing is using your QB as RB 2.0 increases the likelihood of having one of those hits. I don't remember which Bills game it was at the end of this year, but Allen was "tackled" by getting put into a split. That could have easily been a torn groin or something similar if he had turned wrong or his momentum had been going the other way. 

This football anybody can get hurt. Im just curious why is it Cam is all of a sudden the posterboy for QB injuries.

All QB's get injured no matter their playstyle. 

14 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

This football anybody can get hurt. Im just curious why is it Cam is all of a sudden the posterboy for QB injuries.

All QB's get injured no matter their playstyle. 

It's not all of a sudden except in Carolina. All throughout the early part of his career there was a huge concern outside of Carolina that using him like a RB would end up sending him into the dreaded RB30 wall. Cam was also taking hundreds more hits during the early part of career than other QBs in the same time frame. Add in the head hunting the NFL allowed vs Denver in SB50 and the 16' opener. Cam has taken more punishment than any other QB I can ever remember. I'm in the PNW and it was pretty common discussion on talk radio out here that Ron and Co were complete idiots for using their franchise QB like that. It was also pretty common discussion that that is exactly how not to use your QB if you want him to have a long career. Carolina fans just ignored it because Cam was such a freakish athlete. 

Lamar Jackson trade is not going to happen with Reich as the HC.

Active QBs I have wanted to draft are Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Nick Foles, Derek Carr, Patrick Mahomes, Aqeel Glass, Desmond Ridder, Brock Purdy, and Jack Coan.

Derek Carr, Nick Foles, Aqeel Glass, and Jack Coan are likely available. I didn't have Jimmy G on my list of QBs to draft, but I believe he is one of the best championship potential QBs available.

Seems I have the same eye for QBs that Reich and company have. Reich and his #2 DeFilippo agree with me. You all can continue to disagree.

Reich has tried to trade for Carr and Jimmy G multiple seasons before going with Rivers, Wentz, and Ryan. Reich wanted Foles, but couldn't pull him away from DeFilippo while he was coaching in the NFL. Reich brought Coan in to camp with the Colts and was interested in developing him. DeFilippo has invested himself into developing Glass before he returns to the NFL.

Frank Reich has Jacob Eason and Jack Coan at the top of his list as developmental QBs. If Reich gets DeFilippo to team back up with him, Staley, and DeFilippo's protege McCown, he brings along with him his developmental QB Glass. Obviously, they would pull Foles along for the ride if the Colts release him. Then there is Fitterer/Morgan's favorite project QB Davis Cheek who just happened to find his way to develop under Reich/DeFillipo's offense as Glass' backup.

If the Panthers can't get Carr or Jimmy G, you should expect Eason, Coan, Glass, and Cheek battling it out in camp with 2 winning a roster spot, 1 finding his way to the practice squad, and Foles coming in as the vet QB.

I expect Reich to go for Quentin Johnston and Darnell Washington to start the draft.

10 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Didn't know Lamar was 34 years old...

Trash take. Lamar is just entering his prime.

You can think its trash all you want. Til he gets injured and cant play every game and we get rid of him because he is not worth what we bargained for. This game is about getting the best value and not depleting your assets and draft picks is a valuable asset especially 1st. 4 first is better than 1 player.