• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best available coaches to add to this all star staff

panther4life

OC candidates:

Brian Griese is the QB coach for the Niners. He’s done a great job with whoever they’ve thrown out there from Jimmy G to Nick Mullens to mr irrelevant Brock Purdy. I also don’t mind that he’s a former player and learned Under Shannahan.

Brian Johnson, Eagles QB coach has done a tremendous job with Hurts who someone didn’t get drafted until 53 in the 2020 draft.

Dave Canales QB coach for the Seahawks since 2010. Was there for Russel Wilson’s prime and helped Geno Smith resurrect his career and of course well over a decade learning from Pete Carroll.

Brian Hartline O.C Ohio state. He’s a former player and coached Chris Olave, Garret Wilson and Marvin Harrison Jr. as a receivers coach at Ohio state. Was just recently promoted to O.C last month at Ohio State, so he may be a long shot.

Defensive position coaches.

Lovie Smith, Gus Bradley and Kris Richard are the biggest names I can think of.

Anyone else I’m missing?

Edited by panther4life

I'd love to see Brian Griese be brought in as OC. That's a short stint as a coach, though. Could he really do the job? I mean, there's a ton of on the job QB experience on his resume, and even the analytics stuff from Monday Night Football, and he managed to really bring out the most of his QBs at San Fran under the toughest of circumstances.

Could he... maybe???

Sheesh, the QBs room would have sooo much experience in there from coaching alone that we might not need a single vet QB there.

4 minutes ago, MtnJax said:

Honestly, why not bring back Joe Brady as OC. Let him learn and develop under Reich. Our offense in 2020 wasn’t terrible with him calling plays and I think we can all see in hindsight Rhule probably held him back

It wasn't necessarily his play calling it was the fact that he couldn't make in game adjustments.  Don't want him as an OC but would let him as an understudy or assist OC. 

• Beer 1