• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Poll: What do you want Panthers to do for QB?

NAS

What do you want Panthers to do this offseason?  

217 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want Panthers to do regarding QB situation this offseason

• Draft best available QB at current draft position (#9)
    • Trade up with Bears (#1) and draft a QB (whatever it takes)
    • Trade up with Cardinals (#3) and draft a QB (whatever it takes)
    • Sign Derek Carr and draft best available player at #9
    • Trade for Lamar Jackson, fully guaranteed contract (Watson like trade)

It REALLY depends on free agency. How well can the team add kep components and weapons via free agency. There isn't a lot of money to work with, but they certainly can add with a few Shrewd moves. 

I really don't feel any QB in this draft is worth trading up to 3 or above for. 

If they want to compete this season, which I absolutely believe they want to, then they will aquire a competent veteran QB, and add talent through the draft. 

If one of the top 4 QBs is there at 9, I really won't be upset if they draft him. If they go the veteran QBBroute, then they absolutely have to add weapons and talent to both sides of the ball. 

I do trust in this staff.  So whatever they decide to do, I'm going to be cheering them on. 

• Pie 2

On 2/15/2023 at 2:33 PM, Burnout189 said:

I wasn't crazy about the idea of signing Carr originally. But with the staff we have now, I've warmed to the idea of having Carr as a bridge. Draft the best guy available at #9 and let them develop behind Carr.

Carr has multiple suitors - there's no way he's going to agree to that.

Just now, NAS said:

Sorry the idea of playing with Brisett and Minshew and waiting another year for a QB is truly nauseating. 

You don't win a marathon in the first mile, this is going to take more than the 2023 season.  No, not the 7-year Rhule, but 2-3 years.

Unless Stroud or Young falls to #9 (not happening) I don't like drafting a QB this year.  Too many holes to trade draft capital away and AR/Levis are long term projects at best (likely busts).

Don't screw up our cap for a mid-tier, severely overpriced FA.

Again, the practical route isn't very sexy, but it's likely the correct one to get this team going in the right direction.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

You don't win a marathon in the first mile, this is going to take more than the 2023 season.  No, not the 7-year Rhule, but 2-3 years.

Unless Stroud or Young falls to #9 (not happening) I don't like drafting a QB this year.  Too many holes to trade draft capital away and AR/Levis are long term projects at best (likely busts).

Don't screw up our cap for a mid-tier, severely overpriced FA.

Again, the practical route isn't very sexy, but it's likely the correct one to get this team going in the right direction.

I think the whole accumulation of draft picks is overrated as proven that the New England model faltered once Tom Brady left.  Without a franchise QB, you have no chance at legitimately competing for a SuperBowl, you do everything you can to get that right, within reason.  

IF the staff have conviction of a QB in the draft, you do what it takes to get him.  If there's no conviction, then stay put.  

Once you have your QB, then you can go back to the norm and save your picks to build the roster. 

6 minutes ago, NAS said:

I think the whole accumulation of draft picks is overrated as proven that the New England model faltered once Tom Brady left.  Without a franchise QB, you have no chance at legitimately competing for a SuperBowl, you do everything you can to get that right, within reason.  

IF the staff have conviction of a QB in the draft, you do what it takes to get him.  If there's no conviction, then stay put.  

Once you have your QB, then you can go back to the norm and save your picks to build the roster. 

I hope they stay put then.  I know the QB purgatory we've been in and I also understand moving up for a player you really like.  It seems, at for the fan base, the first is necessitating the later.  Let's just hope the the coaching staff doesn't feel that pressure.  If they TRULY, 100% are in love with one of the QBs, then go get him.  Moving up because the fans--even David Tepper, are being impatient is the wrong way to go.