• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Could Lamar be going to our division rival?

ncfan

You guys are sleeping on Atlanta. 

Them landing Lamar only hurts us in many ways - By them getting a franchise QB to go with their HC who by all accounts seems to be solid, a young offensive core with a stud young TE, and the second most Cap space in the league.

Not to mention this would probably put Baltimore at #8 with draft capital to be able to move up and take any QB they want. 

We'd have to sell the farm to get to #1 that way.

I think best case scenario is we trade to #3 with AZ who are rebuilding and could use a haul of picks and take the last QB remaining between Levis, Young and Stroud. 

3 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

You guys are sleeping on Atlanta. 

Them landing Lamar only hurts us in many ways - By them getting a franchise QB to go with their HC who by all accounts seems to be solid, a young offensive core with a stud young TE, and the second most Cap space in the league.

Not to mention this would probably put Baltimore at #8 with draft capital to be able to move up and take any QB they want. 

We'd have to sell the farm to get to #1 that way.

I think best case scenario is we trade to #3 with AZ who are rebuilding and could use a haul of picks and take the last QB remaining between Levis, Young and Stroud. 

Every team in front of us has a  reason to draft a QB. Some are more likely than others, some less. The least likely are Chicago, Seattle, Detroit and Arizona. Houston, Indy, Atlanta, and Vegas are more likely, baring FA acquisitions. IF we decide to move to 1, we're selling the farm no matter what. 

• Pie 1

Wouldn't surprise me. Wouldn't worry me much. They have no defense. They only have $56mil in cap space so they won't have much money to get help there. The picks they would have to forfeit wouldn't help them upgrade anywhere else either.

They also don't have a very good coaching staff. Slightly better than we were with Rhule.

He's not much as a passer, but he's a lethal runner. It would be like the Mike vick years, except Vick was an anomaly in those days. We weren't used to running QBs. Now we are. 

Ravens couldn't win with Jackson and they have a better D and better coaching. 

I'll put this defensive coaching staff with this D against any offense ATL could come up with Lamar.

Actually, if I had to choose an NFCS team to trade for Jackson, it would be the falcons. He'd be scarier with the saints or the bucs. 

• Pie 2

15 minutes ago, BEASTfromdaEAST said:

@JawnyBlazehow is Lamar not difficult to defend? The guy is electric with a cannon for an arm.

Him with Pitts, London and their backfield would be incredibly hard to defend. Our current D with get diced up by that 

What Scot said. Our D is young and fast. We held him in check with a coach and DC that aren’t good at defense.  I’m not too worried about him with a couple good (not great) weapons in London and Pitts. 

• Pie 2