• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carr Watch

Mr. Scot

Nobody should be freaking out that we are meeting with Carr. It was always going to happen, whether the Panthers are very serious about it or just wanting to consider every option available. It makes me feel better, actually, that the team is looking into every possible scenario to see which one could put us in the best position to win. Instead of putting everything into one basket. 

• Beer 2
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

That doesn't make sense though. Carr is going to want a lot of money.

Why pay a guy a 3 year contract probably worth 100 mil to be a bridge for the next 3 years?

Jimmy G would be cheaper and would probably take a 1 year prove it deal because of his injury history. I rather go that route if the plan is to still draft  a QB. Even Brissett/Minshew could be a bridge QB.

Because I'm not paying Carr $35M per year. If that's his market value I'm not signing him.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

If we land him, I could see a scenario where we still pick up a QB in April but more like Haener in R3-4.  

Why would we do that when we already have Corrall. If we go all in a FA QB then we needs our picks put towards filling other holes. Not another clip board holder

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, frankw said:

It's not just due dilligence. They know his asking price they aren't meeting with him for shits and giggles. It's not like we're going to walk in and tell him take this low end prove it deal or we're outta here.

We are never gonna have another exciting person at the QB position again are we. It is just gonna continue to be boring retread vet after boring retread vet. I am so tired of it. 
Thanks for nothing Wilks. 

• Beer 3