• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB options sorted in preference tiers

JawnyBlaze

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

That would be my dream scenario. Colts trade up to 1 and draft Young, Texans take Levis, and we can trade up to 3 and get Stroud for much less than jumping up to 1.

We may not have to worry until #5 in that case. If IND/CHI is the trade that happens:

#3: AZ may want to capitalize on already having a QB and get the BPA in the entire draft at their spot. Gannon getting a prized defensive weapon in the desert w/Anderson.  

Then #4: Question is do the Bears trade down again? Or they could also take who could be #1 on their board overall in Carter at #4, after already gaining picks? 

I really think there are decent odds we could get a Stroud/Young somewhere between 3-5. Everyone is playing mind games but Levis going in the top 2 would not surprise me at all.

The one thing Fitt has proven out is a GM is he has great connections and generally has his finger on the pulse of drafts in terms of what others want. I think if we feel we have to move to 1 we'll make a giant push to do it but I also think I trust Fitt to read the room and position himself in the right spot to get the guy they want.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

We may not have to worry until #5 in that case. If IND/CHI is the trade that happens:

#3: AZ may want to capitalize on already having a QB and get the BPA in the entire draft at their spot. Gannon getting a prized defensive weapon in the desert w/Anderson.  

Then #4: Question is do the Bears trade down again? Or they could also take who could be #1 on their board overall in Carter at #4, after already gaining picks? 

I think the Cards and the Bears probably stay put in this scenario like you say. That Seattle 5 spot feels like such a natural trade up spot for us, especially with Fitts connections.

9 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

If you watch that video from Pat, there was nothing tactical about Irsay…. It was a foot in mouth situation for sure.

I did--foot in mouth scenario or possibly just spitballing. Irsay is a moron, but I think he knows that EVERYONE knows they are looking to draft a QB.  No secret there. Even our own GM has all but said we are seriously looking to draft a QB.  Again, no secret there.

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I did--foot in mouth scenario or possibly just spitballing. Irsay is a moron, but I think he knows that EVERYONE knows they are looking to draft a QB.  No secret there. Even our own GM has all but said we are seriously looking to draft a QB.  Again, no secret there.

Why spitball with the media though? Haha, does he want to make his FO look like things are out of control? He isnt gaining any leverage by stating he likes Bryce. It's fairly possible that Irsay legit wants Bryce. 

Also, Both Steichen and Irsay have said to media something a long the lines of "knowing we’re going to have to find a young quarterback to develop, that’s a key factor."

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Why spitball with the media though? Haha, does he want to make his FO look like things are out of control? He isnt gaining any leverage by stating he likes Bryce. It's fairly possible that Irsay legit wants Bryce. 

Also, Both Steichen and Irsay have said to media something a long the lines of "knowing we’re going to have to find a young quarterback to develop, that’s a key factor."

I read it like he thought the Texans wanted Bryce so just wanted to poke at them and see if they'd trade up to 1, but I have no idea how Irsay works it could have been just him talking to talk for sure.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think we can afford to try to get cute and trade back a few spots and still land a Richardson or Levis. If we like one of those guys and he's there and we haven't made our love yet just draft him right there.

Exactly. Folks on here have a trading back fetish. Just get your guy if he's there.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, cmichd08 said:

Hate it. Build up the Oline and Defensive line with the 4 pics we have in the first 3 rounds. I know San Fran 2rd, 3rd and 4th will be like a top 3rd and 4th and 5th round picks but that is 7 picks with the top pick in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th rounds we can have. We can get some fine players to build depth on the team that we need. Remember we invested a 3rd round pick in Corral last year. No reason to trade up. Give Sam a 2 year deal with the 1st year money guaranteed and look to next year QB for our franchise pick.

Don’t care how many picks a team has.

In the current nfl, with rules geared to offense, if they don’t have a starting qb, they have zero

you can believe in the Darnold and Corral disaster if you wish but I want better 

we are in a position to get better at QB.    Go get it 

• Pie 2

25 minutes ago, BEASTfromdaEAST said:

Get BPA at 9 and draft Hendon Hooker in later rounds. 

I would love to trade back to the mid teens to grab some extra pics. Take CB Cam Smith or Joey Porter jr with our first round and draft Hendon Hooker.

I just can't get over the idea of having two elite CBs in our defense. We would be great. 

Edited by ChuckWag78
  • Flames 1

54 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Leaving this here for the crowd trying to decipher Irsay.  

it was written after noon so he was already pretty well sloshed by then.

with irsay there's the things he says and the things he does and all of it the result of heavy drinking or a nose full of coke. 

i think his natural  instinct that caused him to replace Reich with Saturday is the same  that will cause him to push for Levis. It just depends on how much influence others have on him on draft day. the fact that someone other than Saturday was given the gig shows that irsay may have someone other than him calling shots. it kind of makes them more of a wildcard with irsay not having total control over these big decisions. hard to know what sober people will do on draft day in indy.