• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF - What would it take for Panthers to trade up for #1 pick

TheSpecialJuan

On 2/21/2023 at 3:46 PM, pantherj said:

Imagine Fitt whiffs on that QB pick, and then we have no 1st in 2024/2025, and good free agent QBs don't want to come here. Can't do that.

I don’t see why we would be looking for good FA QBs to come here over the next 2 years if we traded all that to pick a QB #1 overall. Whoever we pick would automatically be the starter for the next 3-4 years barring injury.

Edited by WUnderhill
  • Pie 2

23 minutes ago, Kentucky Panther said:

I think and hope we pick Stroud. But part of me would love the Levis pick to see some of the posters on here cry themselves to sleep. 

I rather develop Levis than bring on another bridge QB that's for sure.

Just try something different than the past 3 years. Develop a QB in house and hope he is our franchise QB for the next 10 years. Once we solve the QB position we will see success again as a franchise.

• Beer 1

28 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

If he had such tremendous success in 2021 he would have declared for the 22 draft and been the 1st QB gone. He returned to school because he was projected to go day 2/3. 

That's not true. 

Around this time last year, Will Levis’ name was not only being brought up to be the first QB taken in the 2023 NFL Draft, but in the 2022 NFL Draft as well. The senior QB for the Kentucky Wildcats threw for 2,826 passing yards and 24 touchdowns as Kentucky won 10 games, including their bowl victory over Iowa.

We have no idea why he returned to KY but it wasnt due to him being a potential mid round draft pick. 

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

That's not true. 

Around this time last year, Will Levis’ name was not only being brought up to be the first QB taken in the 2023 NFL Draft, but in the 2022 NFL Draft as well. The senior QB for the Kentucky Wildcats threw for 2,826 passing yards and 24 touchdowns as Kentucky won 10 games, including their bowl victory over Iowa.

We have no idea why he returned to KY but it wasnt due to him being a potential mid round draft pick. 

I could do this all day as well if you want to quote SB Nation articles

Pro Football Network recently updated their seven-round 2022 NFL Mock Draft, and they now have six Wildcats getting selected.

Will Levis is the third Cat to come off the board as a fourth-round pick going 108th overall to the Seattle Seahawks. After a few weeks where Levis struggled, he has completely turned it around stringing together two quality performances against LSU and Georgia.

2 hours ago, WUnderhill said:

I don’t see why we would be looking for good FA QBs to come here over the next 2 years if we traded all that to pick a QB #1 overall. Whoever we pick would automatically be the starter for the next 3-4 years barring injury.

Unless they suck as bad as Zach Wilson.  But then again free agents respond to money above all else.

Edited by csx