• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Todd McShay seems to really like Anthony Richardson

Dorian Gray

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm personally hoping Levis blows it up leading up to the draft and goes really high to someone not us.

From what I’m reading and hearing … this is likely.  The only thing that could hold him back is his recovery from his injuries. I wouldn’t be surprised if 20+ teams are at his pro day. 

it’s wild how often his name comes up in podcast, YouTube videos and articles. The name I don’t really see often … Bryce… which strikes me curious to why….

6 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Yes. His body of work is small but what is there, and what is good is outerworldly

My feeling is that what he has cannot be taught

what he needs to improve on can be taught and the Panthers have teachers 

others disagree and that’s ok but for me it’s Stroud because he is an already baked cake or it’s AR who could become something very special in a world of Carrs and Tannehills

people who think this guy is going to get out of the top 10 are kidding themselves 

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt Titus Burgess GIF by NETFLIX

• Beer 1

On 2/23/2023 at 12:11 PM, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

I'll put my account on the line (and honor it by not making an alt) ...

AR will be a bust in the NFL. So if one of you wants to Quote this and save it to memory, please do.

Taking him at 9 will be the dumbest thing this franchise has ever done.

All the top QB's can bust. 

AR at 8 wouldn't even be close to the dumbest thing thus franchise has done. 

Sean Gilbert,  will probably hold that title forever. 

• Beer 1

On 2/23/2023 at 11:27 AM, jb2288 said:

I'd rather have Richardson at 9 then Stroud/Young at 1 with what it will take. However if things get crazy and Stroud/Young is still there at 5 I think you have to go get him. I think the pre draft is always QB crazy and we know the Colts are stupid so I could see

1) Jalen Carter - Bears: stay put after all the trade back talk and stick to their roots and go defense

2) Young - Texans: Nothing to be said here, best QB in the draft as of right now. 

3) Will Anderson Jr. - Cardinals: New defensive head coach and the best player in the draft, prob a no brainer if he's there. Dark horse - Quentin Johnston cause Kyler throws a fit for a new WR

4) Levis - Colts: Do their thing and take the guy who got hot throwing in shorts and t shirts at pro day

5) Stroud - Panthers: First trade of the day, give up one of our 2nds this year, 9 this year, 1st next year and 3rd next year.  Alternative - Colts go Stroud and we do the same to move up for Levis (where at that point I'd rather stay at 9 for AR)

That is a lot for 4 spots (I know there would probably be a bidding war for that pick though). I would like to think 9 and 39 or 9 and next year's 1st would be enough. I think the teams behind us in the draft (that need a QB) would have to give away a ton to beat that out. The question would come down to what LV or ATL would offer to try and get a QB (if ATL wants one).

Edited by PleaseCutStewart

On 2/23/2023 at 11:01 AM, Dorian Gray said:

Or, at least, his potential.

"Frank Reich has got — if this were to happen, he's got to have a plan. He's got to have a veteran and trust the fact that he's going to need at least one year (of sitting behind and learning). But Anthony Richardson could turn out to be Jalen Hurts or one of these top quarterbacks in the league, so I think he's got a chance to be special — but he's not ready yet."

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/2023-NFL-Mock-Draft-Tennessee-QB-Hendon-Hooker-highlights-two-round-CBS-Sports-projection-205037645/#205037645_9

I think with this coaching staff in place, we'd be a great landing spot for him to develop. Which is weird to say after sitting through 3 years of Rhule's QB diarrhea carousel. 

I watched all his games. All of his TDs are over the top of the corner because the safety bit on the play action after 15 straight runs. Watch his games where his has to hit a corner route on 3 & 10 or he has to read the triangle in a mesh concept. He freaks out and runs or throws a duck.

3 hours ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

That is a lot for 4 spots (I know there would probably be a bidding war for that pick though). I would like to think 9 and 39 or 9 and next year's 1st would be enough. I think the teams behind us in the draft (that need a QB) would have to give away a ton to beat that out. The question would come down to what LV or ATL would offer to try and get a QB (if ATL wants one).

Zero chance 9 and 39 gets you there when it’s potentially the #2 QB you’re bidding for. Maybe 9 and next year first but I still think you’ll have to toss something else in. 

On 2/23/2023 at 12:23 PM, CamWhoaaCam said:

As I have said a million times im totally fine with any of the top 4 QB's in this draft.

Please just no more bridge QB's. If we go bridge just sign Brissett for cheap and have him teach the rookie along the way.

Some of these “bridge” quarterbacks are going to want more than you think. I think there was a reason the Panthers signed Jacob Eason.