• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anthony Richardson Combine Physical Feats

Varking

19 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Yes, they mean that he's a terrifying dual-threat QB. 

Watch how teams defended Hurts this year - now take away his legs. They defend him entirely differently (and no doubt more effectively).

puts more pressure on opposing defenses since they have to account for the qb running ability and also helps in opening up the field more for other offensive weapons

I love who is as a growing in technique football ball player 

I like who he is as a person 

he grew up old.  He had to do so.  

he has worked hard for everything he has 

he loves the game.    He loves to compete   He wants to get better

the nfl is a tough business.  Compared to what he grew up having to do, it will be a cake walk 

…and that smile…lights up a room ..that smile and his ability sells tickets 

I hope they draft him 

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, ladypanther said:

From what I saw watching one of the highlight videos someone posted here, did not look like AR ever set his feet when he threw. Some good coaching and a team around him, and he may be a very good QB (imagine if Cam had had those things).   He is certainly an intriguing prospect.

It would not break my heart if we drafted Anthony Richardson, even if we would have to trade all the way up to # 6 on draft day.

Richardson seems to be gifted in ways that other NFL QB prospects only dream about and could turn out to be solid gold to the NFL team that drafts him.

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, Krovvy said:

Type in "anthony richardson vs" into Google or YouTube and watch his game cutups. He can, but he has to learn to be consistent with his mechanics.

If the Panthers built a super star coaching staff made for quarterback development, why not take a homerun swing?

This is my take. For as much as I hear about this stellar staff, why not take a swing for a guy who buy all accounts just needs some good coaching? I’m all in. But I don’t care if it’s a miss because I been a Panthers fan a long time and disappointment is par for the course so why not go for it. 

• Pie 4

When they showed the graphic of the most athletic QBs, it was not an impressive list of NFL QBs.  We have to be very careful of falling in love with these "workout warriors," but I must admit, I would be elated if we drafted him--but I like the Stroud game and he is still my preference.

• Pie 3

The problem with QBs that are amazing athletes in terms of size, speed, athleticism, etc is that they have always been so--able to use their legs to bail out the QB when going through the progressions.  This can cause the QB's brain to go into escape mode, knowing that he has the ability to turn a potential sack into a big gain--been doing it his entire life--much like Cam.  But when the brain starts thinking run, the feet go into run mode, and then the eyes see an open receiver, and the arm goes into throw mode when the feet are in run mode--leaving the feet in bad position to be throwing a football accurately.  So there is some compromise (usually with accuracy) with running QBs.  Is that the case with AR?  Probably, but I have not seen enough of his tape when throwing incomplete passes to watch his feet---all I have seen are the highlight reels.  Yes, he was impressive at the combine, but there were some hints of accuracy issues when he was not under pressure at all, in tee shirts and shorts.  Like Cam, Lamar Jackson, and others with less success, you sacrifice when you draft a running QB--career lengths are closer to a running back than a traditional QB, accuracy, and these QBs play with injury a lot.  Just my sobering analysis.

• Beer 1

Comparing Richardson to Cam isn't really a thing you can do in college.  Cam took a team that had 1 guy that played for more than 5 years in the NFL besides him ( and he was a D lineman) and won a national championship and the Heisman.  In the SEC and never lost a game.

Richardson took a team with about the same talent level, maybe a little more, and went 6-6.  The size, speed, arm strength and everything else can't make up for that.

I was at the Arkansas vs. Auburn game and the final score was like 60 - 40.  I think Auburn could have scored 100 if they did not think they had the game won like 3 times before the end.  That was Cam.  Right now that is not Anthony Richardson.