• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How much is too much to trade?

ncfan

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I bet tepper green lights any trade up because he is sick of this poo

As he should. Our team is in win now mode. Even if we don’t have every piece in place for a title run, we current have the best roster and coaching staff in the division and I’m not sure it’s close. I think Stroud or Young could lead this team to the playoffs, maybe beyond, in year one. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

This staff has an expiration date on it and the quicker they get their hands on the guy the faster the process is IMO.    McNown, staley, brown and frazier are all candidates to be poached as well as the dc

100%. You aren't keeping good assistant coaches for long. They'll get promotions elsewhere if things go well.

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I was personally a little concerned with Bryce Young not throwing at the combine. I mean why not are you worried your arm isn’t as strong as the other guys?  

Or he didn't wanna take the hoodie off and show off his 204 body. Either way weird

12 minutes ago, Growl said:

what are you talking about 

the teams sitting at 6 and 7, right now, are potential landing spots 

if they want a franchise QB they’re going to take one, again, to reiterate, nfl teams don’t undervalue the QB position like many posters here do

Teams drafting in the top 10, most often, don't have an elite QB.  That has been the case for a long time, not just this year.  

Bad teams make bad decisions. There will be mistakes made ahead of us. Take advantage at a cost of something less than 3 years of number ones. 

Everyone here wants a QB. 

Going by the draft value chart

The difference between pick 3 and 9 is 850 points

Pick 39 for us holds a value of 510 points
Pick 61 for us holds a value of 292 points.

Both 2nd and our 4th will be 18 more points on the Value scale than the difference of 3 and 9

Just our 2 2nds this year comes close to the difference in value without taking future 1sts

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, Kentucky Panther said:

As he should. Our team is in win now mode. Even if we don’t have every piece in place for a title run, we current have the best roster and coaching staff in the division and I’m not sure it’s close. I think Stroud or Young could lead this team to the playoffs, maybe beyond, in year one. 

I hate the idea of giving up future draft picks, absolutely. However, if the brain trust we have in charge agree on someone that could be a franchise quarterback for the next decade I would do what it takes. You would gave a quarterback on a less expensive pay scale for 4/years. That would allow you to sign some quality free agents. They are hard to find, but there are some lower draft picks that turn out to be finds as well. Let’s face it, franchise quarterbacks put fans in seats. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Going by the draft value chart

The difference between pick 3 and 9 is 850 points

Pick 39 for us holds a value of 510 points
Pick 61 for us holds a value of 292 points.

Both 2nd and our 4th will be 18 more points on the Value scale than the difference of 3 and 9

Just our 2 2nds this year comes close to the difference in value without taking future 1sts

That doesn't take into account the possibility of a bidding war for the #3 spot. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Stuart Smith said:

I hate the idea of giving up future draft picks, absolutely. However, if the brain trust we have in charge agree on someone that could be a franchise quarterback for the next decade I would do what it takes. You would gave a quarterback on a less expensive pay scale for 4/years. That would allow you to sign some quality free agents. They are hard to find, but there are some lower draft picks that turn out to be finds as well. Let’s face it, franchise quarterbacks put fans in seats. 

It’s definitely something you have to think hard about, if you’re the front office. You get a lot of cheap talent with first rounders. But like you said, we need fresh blood at QB to be excited about and we have a window to win right now. Who knows how long that will be open in our division. Or in a broader sense, the NFC. 

• Pie 1

24 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

No fuging way he is 204 when his pro day rolls around.   Everyone knows the game and like you say, when I bring him in to visit his ass is getting on a scale

Which is why the whole Combine process for him was silly.

He should have just gone there and done every drill. "Here's what I am, pigeon-hole me how you want".

He's not tricking the system by turning up 20lbs above his playing weight for a week.

• Pie 1

51 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

The scrutiny is puzzling to me.

Point 1- Around "average when put on a radar gun" See below:

Point 2: Seems like a dick: The first thing he does is compliment the players that came out for the workout, thanks them and talks about how he hopes good things for them. Then he talks about how great Sam Burrow is and what he wants to work on to improve.

https://www.facebook.com/KentuckyFootball/videos/will-levis-nfl-combine-workout-interview/926408235016210/

Meanwhile, AR (Who I really like) comes out and says he has a better arm than when Cam Newton came out.....

Episode 5 Reaction GIF by The Office

Richardson has the best arm in this class and I don't think it's really even close. 

9 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Which is why the whole Combine process for him was silly.

He should have just gone there and done every drill. "Here's what I am, pigeon-hole me how you want".

He's not tricking the system by turning up 20lbs above his playing weight for a week.

Yep. If he is fudging his weight somehow, he won’t pass the eye test.