• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Ravens can’t be this dumb? They’re a smart organization right?

TheBigKat

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

That doesn't mean they want talk to him to find out if that is set in stone. 

They'd still have to offer a contract that he would agree to.

You can say that maybe they'd offer him a lesser contract than what's been advertised, but if they did why wouldn't the Ravens just match it?

I don't really see this going anywhere.

Edited by Mr. Scot

Just now, TheCasillas said:

The cost. The falcons have a lot of holes on their roster and they might believe QB isn’t one of them. 

Their roster is barren. Stacking it with overpriced free agents coming to town for a payday, and not to win, won't matter without a quarterback.

They'll have to learn the hard way.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

They'd still have to offer a contract that he would agree to.

You can say that maybe they'd offer him a lesser contract than what's been advertised, but if they did why wouldn't the Ravens just match it?

I don't really see this going anywhere.

Never said they would offer a contract.  I just think they will reach out to see what he's really looking for.  Tepper wants a franchise qb and one just became available.  They are ready to do whatever it takes to get one. I would not dismiss the possibility they consider see what his asking price at least. 

Edited by Jon Snow

5 hours ago, top dawg said:

It set a precedent of guaranteed salary in literal terms, but it did not necessarily set an expectation of a guaranteed salary if you get what I'm saying.

Also, remember that was four years ago, and even with all the hoopla, his cap hit for 2018 was 12.6% (and 2019, 15.1% and 2020 10.6%). 

So yeah it was kinda the same, but still very different. The NFL is afraid that an LJ contract will actually set a trend, particularly with several high-level QBs coming up, not to mention Mahomes' re-upping.

I think people don't like Kirk Cousins so they don't want to mention that he actually started it.

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

The cost. The falcons have a lot of holes on their roster and they might believe QB isn’t one of them. 

I was reading something yesterday that said the Falcons have high hopes for Ridder.  It may be true or not (don't remember the source), but if there is any truth to it, they will continue to build the rest of the team and give him a chance for a year or two.

5 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

I was reading something yesterday that said the Falcons have high hopes for Ridder.  It may be true or not (don't remember the source), but if there is any truth to it, they will continue to build the rest of the team and give him a chance for a year or two.

He didn't look bad his last couple games.  Give him an OL and a decent defense and it will be interesting to see how he develops....