• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Via Panthers Wire via The Athletic , Person says we like AR, but not enough. Buzz about the 3rd

top dawg

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

My money is on it being Levis right now. It think they try to trade with the Cardinals if possible and let someone else get Young and Stroud.  Just a feeling I have based on nothing but my itching left testicle. 

Levis was certainly under the radar during the Combine. The most exciting news of him was his bravado. And Levis doesn't even have the best tape, but who knows?

4 minutes ago, tarheelpride said:

I feel like a trade up to 3 is going to, at minimum, cost us a 2 this year, a 1 next year, and another pick or two thrown in. Arizona is going to get a premium for 3. 

Just accept any trade up is going to require a future 1st, if not multiple 1’s

A 1st and 2nd to move up from 9 to 3 is way overpriced - in a reasonable world the value difference is 850, so two 2nd's will be worth around 1000 and should cover it....a 1st and a 2nd would be 1500 value which is nuts.  They may want that but I don't think we have to go that far...or add anything more.  It definitely isn't worth it then

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Kentucky Panther said:

If we like Levis the most this makes sense. I don’t see a scenario at this point he goes one. So let another team take their guy at one and grab ours 2 picks later without giving up as much. I could see it, if Will is our guy. 

Moving up to 3 just to take Levis is going to be the wettest of blankets on the excitement this coaching staff has produced.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

Levis was certainly under the radar during the Combine. The most exciting news of him was his bravado. And Levis doesn't even have the best tape, but who knows?

The difference between he and Stroud is not a wide as you think as far as the tape goes. But I think their pro days might have a sway one way or the other. Don't get caught up in the Underwear Olympics hype. The difference has to outweigh the cost to acquire as well. If they view it a push they may wait for someone else to pay top dollar for the first choice before swooping in to get the guy left. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, travisura said:

Moving up to 3 just to take Levis is going to be the wettest of blankets on the excitement this coaching staff has produced.

Only for a few of you. For the rest of us who do not give a flying turd it's another rookie. One we hope is the right choice. 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, travisura said:

If AR didnt perform at the combine... WL would have been the most athletic QB at the combine if he did his 40 and agility drills... It has now officially been reported that he didnt bc he is beinv cautious with his foot injury recovery.  Everyone would be going nuts right now about Will Levis if there was no AR15.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Only for a few of you. For the rest of us who do not give a flying turd it's another rookie. One we hope is the right choice. 

I think you might be understating how many people would be disappointed with Levis, and overstating how many people don't care which one of the top 4 we end up taking.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

22 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

If we move to one CJ has to be the guy IMO.  Lowest floor with a high ceiling too.  

I personally disagree on this segment entirely. I think he’s got the highest floor with a relatively lower ceiling than the other three (due to the physical stature of Richardson and Levis and the brain and processor of Young). I see the lowest variance in Strouds game (which isn’t a bad thing).

4 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

If AR didnt perform at the combine... WL would have been the most athletic QB at the combine if he did his 40 and agility drills... It has now officially been reported that he didnt bc he is beinv cautious with his foot injury recovery.  Everyone would be going nuts right now about Will Levis if there was no AR15.

This may be true, but I'm just reading the room here and it seems most would be disappointed.

31 minutes ago, Kentucky Panther said:

The more I think about it the more I think we have to get to 1. Sounds like we are locked in on Stroud. You can’t risk Houston grabbing him at 2 if that’s your guy. 

Come on down, CJ 

Here's hoping. Stroud with this coaching staff would be incredibly exciting. Especially if we can make some shrewd free agent signings to fill in some gaps, like WR2, pass rusher, another corner, LB... It'd be nice if we trade up to 1 ahead of free agency so we can already know what we're going to do in the draft at QB to help shape our FA.

• Pie 3

6 minutes ago, Eric4280 said:

I personally disagree on this segment entirely. I think he’s got the highest floor with a relatively lower ceiling than the other three (due to the physical stature of Richardson and Levis and the brain and processor of Young). I see the lowest variance in Strouds game (which isn’t a bad thing).

His ceiling isn't as high as AR or Levis from what he can do physically, but our QB coach compared him to Joe Burrow which I think is his ceiling clearly.  I would still consider that high.