• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Via Panthers Wire via The Athletic , Person says we like AR, but not enough. Buzz about the 3rd

top dawg

32 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

Just give me Hendon Hooker. Local kid with a good head on his shoulders. Age and injury don’t concern me since we won’t have to mortgage our future to draft him.

Aww yeah. Let's take a guy with a good head on his shoulders because he's from Greensboro.

Dude had one good season in an Air Raid system. He can throw go routes to wide open receivers. Great! SIGN ME UP.

Or, we already have Corral who is basically the same guy so why waste a pick at all?

1 hour ago, CPcavedweller said:

Aww yeah. Let's take a guy with a good head on his shoulders because he's from Greensboro.

Dude had one good season in an Air Raid system. He can throw go routes to wide open receivers. Great! SIGN ME UP.

Or, we already have Corral who is basically the same guy so why waste a pick at all?

Well if that's the case then it's either Young, Stroud or don't draft a QB.

2 hours ago, Tbe said:

No, you take the guy with the faster processor between the ears.

That's the main problem from Levis. He processes the field poorly and doesn't see receivers and often linebackers that whistling towards him. It's why Richardson is getting more points for his game tape than many people think, because he navigates the pocket extremely well, and can see the field.

1 hour ago, CPcavedweller said:

How many other people are interested in Stroud? And are the Bears willing to trade down to 9? We would probably have to trade up to 3, then trade up to 1. By that point Stroud better be as good as Mahomes or we, and he, are screwed. 

We don't have much of an option. AR is not as good as Stroud is right now. Much bigger gamble. Levis is not as good as Stroud is period. Young is as good, but has a small frame for the NFL. Rodgers isn't coming here. Carr is in NO. It's either pony up for Stroud or have another season of Darnold. That's pretty much where our franchise is.

22 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

That's the main problem from Levis. He processes the field poorly and doesn't see receivers and often linebackers that whistling towards him. It's why Richardson is getting more points for his game tape than many people think, because he navigates the pocket extremely well, and can see the field.

I do agree with this if I had to pick the faster processor between Richardson and Levis it’s pretty clearly Richardson. Levis internal clock feels off, so many open throws a second late it drives me crazy.

• Pie 2

There is no Trevor Lawrence, Andrew Luck, or Joe Burrow in this draft.  There might be next year. Makes no sense to mortgage our future for Stroud or Young. If one of those two can fall a little, move up. But in no way pay the ransom that Chicago will demand for their pick. 

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, stan786 said:

I do agree with this if I had to pick the faster processor between Richardson and Levis it’s pretty clearly Richardson. Levis internal clock feels off, so many open throws a second late it drives me crazy.

It's plain to see when I watch his games. He's late on throws, doesn't see his guys or the other teams, and gets flustered. It's very similar to Darnold's problems.

On the other hand, Richardson is surprisingly quick with his reads and can navigate difficult situations well. His biggest problem is his mechanics which lead to inaccuracy. His decision making was generally good and improved from game to game.

I've watched every game that I can find from Levis and Richardson at this point, and if the Panthers have to choose between them I would much rather they go with Richardson.

That is, right now Richardson is still behind Stroud and even Young for me. Stroud isn't flashy, but he's a technician that can get it done. Young is tiny, but oh my God is he a gamer when you watch him.

Edited by Krovvy

5 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

It's plain to see when I watch his games. He's late on throws, doesn't see his guys or the other teams, and gets flustered. It's very similar to Darnold's problems.

On the other hand, Richardson is surprisingly quick with his reads and can navigate difficult situations well. His biggest problem is his mechanics which lead to inaccuracy. His decision making was generally good and improved from game to game.

I've watched every game that I can find from Levis and Richardson at this point, and if the Panthers have to choose between them I would much rather they go with Richardson.

That is, right now Richardson is still behind Stroud and even Young for me. Stroud isn't flashy, but he's a technician that can get it done. Young is tiny, but oh my God is he a gamer when you watch him.

https://mfootballanalytics.com/2023/02/27/anthony-richardson-review/

Re Richardson

Sack Avoidance and Pocket Movement

One of my favorite things about Anthony Richardson is how he doesn’t take sacks and moves well in the pocket. His 9.2% pressure to sack rate (PFF) is elite level of sack avoidance. As we can see in the graph below, pressure to sack rate stays pretty stable from college to the pros so it is fair to assume Richardson will have great sack avoidance in the NFL too. 

Re Bryce

Here is a good podcast post combine by guys that were there about the prospects.  At 1:16 they go in depth about Young the good and the bad.  They love his game but at some point a defensive end is going to put their hands on you and its not going to be pretty a la Tua

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/2023-nfl-combine-biggest-winners-and-losers/id913714358?i=1000603001956

• Pie 2

21 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

There is no Trevor Lawrence, Andrew Luck, or Joe Burrow in this draft.  There might be next year. Makes no sense to mortgage our future for Stroud or Young. If one of those two can fall a little, move up. But in no way pay the ransom that Chicago will demand for their pick. 

If there is one next year the pick won't be for sale....  The Lawrences, Lucks, and Burrows are never for sale.  This is a rare instance where the top pick already has a QB (yes it happened last year too but with a much weaker class), so it's a chance to get our staff's top choice at QB if we trade up.

13 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

https://mfootballanalytics.com/2023/02/27/anthony-richardson-review/

Re Richardson

Sack Avoidance and Pocket Movement

One of my favorite things about Anthony Richardson is how he doesn’t take sacks and moves well in the pocket. His 9.2% pressure to sack rate (PFF) is elite level of sack avoidance. As we can see in the graph below, pressure to sack rate stays pretty stable from college to the pros so it is fair to assume Richardson will have great sack avoidance in the NFL too. 

Re Bryce

Here is a good podcast post combine by guys that were there about the prospects.  At 1:16 they go in depth about Young the good and the bad.  They love his game but at some point a defensive end is going to put their hands on you and its not going to be pretty a la Tua

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/2023-nfl-combine-biggest-winners-and-losers/id913714358?i=1000603001956

Trade up to 1 for Stroud or 3 for AR.  Those are my top 2 options.  We probably need to sign Brissett or a vet if we land 3 for AR.  

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

They love his game but at some point a defensive end is going to put their hands on you and its not going to be pretty a la Tua

“All the world will be your enemy… and when they catch you, they will kill you.  But first they must catch you… “