• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Per Rich Eisen: “The Bears are long down the road to trading the first overall pick. The teams have been identified, compensation is being hammered out.”

Varking

50 minutes ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

Who are the teams that are shooting for pick #1?. Atlanta will supposedly be in the mix along with Panthers and likely Colts. This will be a shootout for number one spot.

Exactly, and the Raiders are in the mix if they do not sign Jimmy G.

• Beer 1

24 minutes ago, Eric4280 said:

Trading THREE FIRSTS FOR DAK is hilarious. He played in the big10 with constant WR1s. Why do we ignore this? Did Bryce play with Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Jaxson Smith Njigba, Marvin Harrison Jr, Emeka Egbuka… who are all first round WR! Does levis? Does ar? We are not surrounding Stroud with this talent gap and how do we know Stroud makes something out of nothing? Yeah, fine, cherry pick numbers but ignore all other circumstances. 

Fields had a 68.5 rating, paced for 3600 passing yards, had a 67-9 td/int ratio in college and yet we passed on that for a CB! (Which I’m happy we did because horn is a dogs dog). Yet Fields gets into the nfl and there is no improvement and the team is picking first , two years later. Why? Because the cast you put around these qb matter! Unfortunately this team doesn’t have the talent around him to emulate what happened at OSU. We don’t have Garrett Wilson, Olave, MHJR, JSN, or anything of that nature. We have solid and sturdy Dj Moore and trending to bust TMJR ( who I feel can turn it around). 

By not having these firsts, how are we helping out Stroud? “2024 cap space” which is FOURTEENTH best in the NFL? Where is our Chase? Where is our Hill and Kelce? Where is our Stefon Diggs? I do not doubt that Stroud will be a SOLID NFL QB. But I sincerely do not see franchise potential and we will not be able to surround him with premier talent. 

This is my primary concern as well.

Drafting a good QB is just step 1. Surrounding him with talent is how you develop him and win with him. 

We can’t do that if we don’t have a 1st round pick until after his 3rd year. We have too many holes in our roster.

Remember, QB + HC combos win a SB in their first 5 years together or they never do.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Tbe said:

This is my primary concern as well.

Drafting a good QB is just step 1. Surrounding him with talent is how you develop him and win with him. 

We can’t do that if we don’t have a 1st round pick until after his 3rd year. We have too many holes in our roster.

Remember, QB + HC combos win a SB in their first 5 years together or they never do.

It's a problem. Young being too small, he'll need an amazing offensive line to keep him clean. Then we have Stroud, who has size, but overall doesn't look great under pressure, with the exception of the Peach Bowl.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Brent Gregory said:

In a very bad qb  year this is the nightmare unfolding before our eyes. The most polished qb is a little person and the most gifted athlete can't hit a broad side of a barn. The other 2 aren't remotely worth giving up future needed picks. Letting Carr get away left Carolina in a horrible situation.  Now they're gonna franchise the future for a qb who most likely will go down the road of Darnold, Fields, Mayfield etc....

Frank is that you?

21 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

That's already started. Pretty sure there is a thread on here about moving to 3.

With Carr gone, I'm 100% sure we're moving up. Idk if it will be 1 or 3. If we can't secure one of those, might as well stay put, or make a move on draft day based on how the board falls.

Yeah I’m not a huge fan of trading to 3 pre draft, but if Young or Stroud somehow make it to 3 on draft day I’m all for it.

2 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

Had we not played for ‘pride’ we’d have the #3 pick with an easy move up to 1

glad we beat Atlanta

Wilks was coaching for a job. The players were playing to help him.

You can't ask guys to act against their own best interests.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 3

1 hour ago, Eric4280 said:

This is a terrible, terrible argument. 

Luke Kuechly, JC Horn, Ikem, Burns, Brown, Moore, Shaq*, Mccaffrey, Cam,  and Star were all more than worth it. You can’t cherry pick three random players from 13, 8 and 7 years ago and say “first round picks aren’t worth it”.

Everyone wanting this firmly believes Stroud is the franchise savior, I just don’t see it. Where are we getting this franchise saving profile from? He’s good, for sure, but he’s not this home run, knock it out of the park and forget it. In fact, would it shock anyone if he ends up being a Dak level qb?

Why aren’t more people on board with keeping future capital intact and taking (more than likely) the available Richardson or Levis. IF Rodgers moved to LV, I don’t think we have to move at all. Sorry, I guess I’m just not fully on board with having no real capital for the next three years.

Me neither. Not for a solid maybe.