• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breaking: Lamar Jackson is available as Raven's have placed the non-exclusive franchise tag on him.

thunderraiden

23 minutes ago, top dawg said:

It's a business, and all the players know it. Some may have been mad, some not. You seem to be relishing in the fact that Jackson didn't get any offers today, but this process is just beginning. Just like I told you that no one was going to sign Carr out of the gate (unless they were stupid), it's not realistic to think that anyone would offer Lamar a contract today. It's not even realistic to think that he would sign the offer today considering that he has until week 10 of the regular season to sign it, and that's even if he signs it at all. 

If nothing else it's the lying season, so I wouldn't exactly take everything at face value. Even still, like I said, the process is just beginning.

I'm rather fine with nobody jumping to pay an athlete 45 million a year and throw 2 picks away. The precedent of that being the norm doesn't help the sport from a fans perspective. 

I don't have any pity for any of these big names dealing with the atrocity of a measly 35 million a year.

Edited by csx
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Most of the speculation I've seen has him ultimately signing a long term deal with Baltimore, but not the kind of fully guaranteed deal he's seeking.

It makes sense.

Agreed. Hope they settle it out. I think having Lamar happily playing is good for the league.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not you specifically.

As has been discussed in prior cases, collusion is an extremely difficult thing to prove.

Hey they dug up 10 year old emails to cancel Gruden, you never know. Nothing is ever truly “deleted”.

Just finished page 2. Not bathing to read anymore.  

Derek Carr would have been a better choice than Lamar.   The team chose to let that go too. 

Is this fan base so desperate for any QB, that they'll take an incomplete QB that can stay healthy,  over drafting a guy the team actually wants? 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Florio...

Well yeah. That’s true. But what happens when somebody sued and subpoenas all these teams email, chat, text and phone records? Now this will never happen but there is ALWAYS a paper trail if someone looks hard enough and is skilled enough to know where to look. That’s all I’m saying.

Just now, joemac said:

Well yeah. That’s true. But what happens when somebody sued and subpoenas all these teams email, chat, text and phone records? Now this will never happen but there is ALWAYS a paper trail if someone looks hard enough and is skilled enough to know where to look. That’s all I’m saying.

I get it, but NFL teams tend to employ security people and expensive lawyers to help guard against stuff like this.

Nice business to be in, I suppose.