• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breaking: Lamar Jackson is available as Raven's have placed the non-exclusive franchise tag on him.

thunderraiden

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen an NFL team do. Imagine declining to pickup a guy's 5th year option and then after seeing him throw for only 3200 yards and 15 TDs deciding to give him that contract. LOLOLOLOL 

Schoen and Daboll are considered smart guys but I don't get this either.

• Pie 1

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

We don't have to offer him the fully guaranteed contract.

Why do you guys keep saying this. That's what his agent is saying to keep the price high. Doesn't mean he's not going to take a deal with lesser guaranteed money.

Offer him 190 mil guaranteed. That's much more than what the Ravens offered him 133 mil guaranteed. Don't overthink this people. Lamar is not saying pay me Watson or I won't play. He's saying give me something close to that.

And then all the Ravens have to do is match the deal.

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

We trade for Lamar we are the favorites to win the NFC.

Dude was in the AFC against those elite QB's and still won 75% of his games and did it with no weapons around him besides a TE.

You're crazy if you don't think Lamar would be the best QB in the NFC. He's proven. Whatever teams gets him just became a contender overnight.

I don't know about NFC favorites, but we would definitely be the overwhelming favorites for the NFC South, and top 3-5 in the NFC.

The issue comes down in my mind to the risk associated with the contract demands and injury history.

14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't know if we "all know that" but if you assume that's true, that'd make him a pretty bad teammate.

We'll never know but I'd take Lamar all day long and we are instantly a playoff team and maybe more with him as our starter.  Fans want a big move and here's the big move.

11 minutes ago, Cullenator said:

There are a few QBs you give a guaranteed contract and multiple 1s for.  Lamar isnt one of them

What if you give him more than what the Ravens would offer which is reportedly 133 mil guaranteed?

You think Lamar is going to quit playing football if he doesn't get the Watson contract?

We would be foolish not to offer him more than what the Ravens will offer. Give him 190 fully guaranteed.

Just now, jtm said:

We'll never know but I'd take Lamar all day long and we are instantly a playoff team and maybe more with him as our starter.  Fans want a big move and here's the big move.

I don't give a sh-t about "the big move".

Teams that win make the smart move.

This isn't it.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

What if you give him more than what the Ravens would offer which is reportedly 133 mil guaranteed?

You think Lamar is going to quit playing football if he doesn't get the Watson contract?

We would be foolish not to offer him more than what the Ravens will offer. Give him 190 fully guaranteed.

And again, all the Ravens have to do is match it.

That's how the franchise tag works.

8 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

But Fitterer isn’t in a position to sit and hope someone falls to him that’s the problem here 

This whole things is a mess… again

I dont think its a mess. I think the team just needs to pick a plan and go after it - which they will. 

You either
A) got after a FA QB.
B) trade all the way to #1 or #3 and get your guy
C) Let the draft fall (I still suspect that AR15 falls) 

They will have a plan. Im sure that when they hired Reich they already knew what they wanted to do. 

10 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

But Fitterer isn’t in a position to sit and hope someone falls to him that’s the problem here 

This whole things is a mess… again

LOL how is this a mess?  Nothing has even happened yet, and all indications are saying we are going to be extremely aggressive to get our guy. 

8 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

True, but even the little hits from running add up. If you keep getting nicked for 1 HP damage on Run plays then you aren't going into the fight with a full pool of health in the passing game. Sooner or later you fail a saving throw and go down. 

Real life is not a JRPG

• Pie 1

He has missed several games the last three seasons. If you could get full years out of him, every year, like a Peyton, Tom, Joe, Patrick, etc. then yeah, you pay him. If not, you don't give him guaranteed money that he's asking for. Guaranteed money is for guaranteed play and he hasn't been able to do that. 

2 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

I dont think its a mess. I think the team just needs to pick a plan and go after it - which they will. 

You either
A) got after a FA QB.
B) trade all the way to #1 or #3 and get your guy
C) Let the draft fall (I still suspect that AR15 falls) 

They will have a plan. Im sure that when they hired Reich they already knew what they wanted to do. 

Again, getting to 1 isn’t a for sure thing. There are no FA QB’s available that are the answer long term. Fitterer isn’t in a position to sit and wait come draft night 

I’m all for throwing picks at Chicago until they say yes because it’s time so don’t think I’m against any of this I’m just telling you the pickle we’re in and the pressure Fitterer is under to deliver