• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lombardi: Panthers trying to trade Corral. Can be had for a "ham sandwich"

SuperBowlBound

13 hours ago, Growl said:

kinda sounds like he has some weird axe to grind rather than providing any news

Crazy how many different things we hear during this part of the off season when there's no real news. I think he's just riffing here and pulling stuff out of thin air to talk about.

Lombardi is often good, but sometimes he's as bad as the rest of them.

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

Our positions on Lamar and Aaron actually put pressure on the Panthers to move up.  If we don't and miss out on a QB in the draft, and all we have under center is Jacoby, not going after these QBs will be a PR nightmare.  I am glad we are not--both QBs have risks, and you would be paying for rep and performance established with other teams.  We are going all in for Stroud or Young--I would be mildly surprised if we are not trading with the Bears soon.

There’s gotta be a plan in place that’s been pretty much agreed to by both sides. Being either the Bears or Cards

I don't see a reason to just give him away for nothing, at the very least he should be your #3 depth guy on a cheap rookie deal that could develop into a solid backup. I could also just see this as a Lamar rant where he was being dramatic in attempt to get his point across

• Pie 1

Is Lombardi usually reliable with info? I'm not buying it. The way Fitt still talks about Darnold leads me to think there is interest in him in a vet/bridge type signing.

As for Corral, I think it's way too early to give up on him. He had zero coaching and got hurt last year. He's essentially a rookie again this season. No idea what we have in him until he's gets out there with this staff. I don't know if he can be a franchise QB, but a solid backup for sure.

• Pie 2

I would assume the getting rid of all Rhule's guys likely leans toward his non-draft picks and the Rhule veteran/culture guys.   Think him then immediately talking Horn makes it just sound weird.  They aren't getting rid of Brown, Icky, TMJ, BC, Shi etc either. 

But the Robbies.  The Darnolds.   The Baylor crew.  Those are the types that really helped mold the Matt Rhule stink that Cam was smelling when he returned.  Cam might be washed but Cam certainly knows the right vibe you want.  The type guys you need.  That was always a massive red flag when Cam spoke on having to bring that off the streets late in year 2. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Our positions on Lamar and Aaron actually put pressure on the Panthers to move up.  If we don't and miss out on a QB in the draft, and all we have under center is Jacoby, not going after these QBs will be a PR nightmare.  I am glad we are not--both QBs have risks, and you would be paying for rep and performance established with other teams.  We are going all in for Stroud or Young--I would be mildly surprised if we are not trading with the Bears soon.

Bingo!! I believe this is the year the Panthers do what ever it takes to wisely get someone  they feel will be their franchise QB of the future.

33 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

While we are on the subject of draft picks that panned out, will our new DC and crew (re)discover how to use Chinn?  He was very good, until our previous staff figured out what he was very good at and moved him away from that.

I sure hope so and Shaq Thompson, too. Both men suffered greatly in the Snowjob we were stuck with. Pro players stuck in a 1972 SEC defensive scheme.

• Beer 1