• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We’re trading for #1 pick !!!

Mr. Scot

I don’t like the set up though…

If the #1 busts…

You could have a Fields/DJ connection work out great and a QB at 9 work out.  A double hit of egg on the face. 

I’m still ok with it.   Don’t like DJ going there though.  I’d rather of dealt Burns

Just now, App Panther said:

Doubt you would. But if we are winning games with said QB I'm sure you won't remind us how wrong you were. 

I’ve called a spade a spade many times.

However, my track record on draft picks far exceeds how poorly you wish it to be. Glad to expound if needed  

Even more concerning are the trades I’ve hated in recent memory, and how those exact trades wound up being abject failures. You’re welcome to be excited about it, because this team’s owner wants you to be excited about his newest shiny new toy. 

But with a sub Rhule-tier GM picking, you’re not gonna be smiling for very long. 

• Poo 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Deshaun Watson got more from his most uncooperative masseuse than the Bears are getting from us in this deal.

People need to be realistic about what a franchise QB is worth.  Losing DJ hurts us, especially next year no doubt, but the idea we got fleeced in this deal is nonsense.

We got a top 5-10 offensive line now and will hopefully have a franchise QB on a rookie contract.

Things are looking so much better than they have for the past 5 years.

Of course there is risk in everything, but anyone not excited about this (even if you are wary about the compensation) is crazy.

I'm tired of not being a serious football organization.  

We got an all-star offensive coaching staff, and we're giving them their pick of the litter.  It's on them now.

• Pie 2

Just now, CRA said:

I don’t like the set up though…

If the #1 busts…

You could have a Fields/DJ connection work out great and a QB at 9 work out.  A double hit of egg on the face. 

I’m still ok with it.   Don’t like DJ going there though.  I’d rather of dealt Burns

The funny thing is the Panthers could have had the Fields to D.J. connection. 🤣

I hope they know what they're doing. Scouting these quarterbacks is difficult this year. The talent is there, but it's a give and take with every prospect. 

3 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Think of it like this. Without a QB, DJ was a waste. Given the situation, we had to decide between a wr or a QB. WR are easier to find than QBs so DJ had to go.

All I can say is they better choose correctly or we are toast.

I PERSONALLY think if it’s Stroud, we’re toast. If it’s Young, you can build with it.

• Pie 1

Just now, Carl Spackler said:

I’ve called a spade a spade many times.

However, my track record on draft picks far exceeds how poorly you wish it to be. Glad to expound if needed  

Even more concerning are the trades I’ve hated in recent memory, and how those exact trades wound up being abject failures. You’re welcome to be excited about it, because this team’s owner wants you to be excited about his newest shiny new toy. 

But with a sub Rhule-tier GM picking, you’re not gonna be smiling for very long. 

Given all that, I really am surprised teams haven't reached out to you for your services

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2

9 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

I feel confident you are smarter than Scott Fitterer, Frank Reich, Josh McCowen, Thomas Brown, Duce Staley, Parks Frazier, etc. who all signed off on this deal... /s

Seriously, Tepper hired an all-star cast of offensive coaches.  If they don't have a plan for moving forward with this move, we got much better issues than just this trade.

There is absolutely nothing crippling about this.  Yes, moving DJ doesn't help our WR corp next year, but we have plenty of money to spend in FA plus the potential to finally draft a franchise QB again.

Crippling is what this fanbase has had to endure the past 5 seasons.

We are finally a serious football organization again.  I don't know what's not to like about that

Exactly. These bozos are acting like they blew up a winning roster with championship aspirations 

• Pie 4