• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Person: Sense around the league is they’re going up for CJ Stroud

Varking

31 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Also I really don’t wanna read anymore how he had too many talented receivers to really evaluate. Watch the throws. Burrow had Justin Jefferson, chase and tmj lmao. 

CJ actually reminds me of burrow tbh. Extremely even keeled in the pocket and smooth.

Burrow won the chip with his crew…

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

Negative posts for Stroud and praise posts for Bryce. Bama Stans are making this place unbearable.

Not a Bama Stan & it’s a factual comment. u compared CJ situations to burrow so it’s fair to point burrow won. 

I think bryce is the better QB but I do like CJ especially if we can get the version that played vs GA. 

• Pie 1

44 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Also I really don’t wanna read anymore how he had too many talented receivers to really evaluate. Watch the throws. Burrow had Justin Jefferson, chase and tmj lmao. 

CJ actually reminds me of burrow tbh. Extremely even keeled in the pocket and smooth.

Our QB coach agrees with you. He compared Stroud to Burrow in a film session.

4 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

Not a Bama Stan & it’s a factual comment. u compared CJ situations to burrow so it’s fair to point burrow won. 

I think bryce is the better QB but I do like CJ especially if we can get the version that played vs GA. 

Winning a title isn't the end all be all though. There are pros and cons for each QB. You go with the traits that you think will directly translate and can be coached up to even greater heights with this staff. Looking at the physical aspect it's a tough sell to expect Bryce to last 10-15 years with his frame. There's nothing wrong with acknowledging that.

This is just my feel of the situation based on what we've seen at the combine, everything proir, and the media reports, I think it's going to be CJ. Would CJ end up being like Geno Smith, or a lot better, hard to say, but taking everything into account I think CJ is the pick in the end. No trade down.

• Pie 3

it just seems that the only reason to go to 1 is for stroud. Levi’s will be there at 3. If they think Stroud is dat dude, then gitter dunn and lets fuggin go.

if they take Levi’s at 1, then i expect it’s because the trade packages for 1 and 3 were similar, or even that Chicago wanted less.

moving back to 2 and taking Levi’s there, while picking back up next years 1 would be a 4D chess move.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, TheRumGone said:

This is where I’m disconnected from this Burrow and Stroud stuff. Yes, they both had elite elite WR options in college. Then Burrow came into the league with Boyd and Higgins, then Chase the next year. We have NO 2024 first to even attempt to pair Stroud with Harrison again. We have to dumpster dive (unless you really think Flowers or Downs or Jakobi Meyers is the answer to our one).. and Stroud has never played with this bad of a WR group. What is Burrow without these elite perimeter players? We don’t know and we never will. Young has proven himself with “meh” weaponry. 

• Pie 1