• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Worst Stretch in Panthers History is Finally Behind Us

Seltzer

Great post, I went to a grand total of 1 game in the Rhule era just because I couldn't be bothered to make the drive just to see Sam Darnold and Teddy Bridgewater suck ass. I am looking forward to many trips to the Queen city to watch CJ Stroud rip the Saints a new one.

Edited by Sean Payton's Vicodin
  • Pie 6

The last game I went to was @ the Bucs in 2018. Before that was going to 2-3 games per year despite not living in the area. Tepper and Rhule were such a disaster and my interest in the team definitely dwindled. This offseason so far is potentially saving it. Haven't bought a jersey since McCaffrey in 2018 either. Stroud/Young will be my next one. Almost got a Chinn jersey but didn't wind up pulling the trigger.

• Pie 2

Good post.

We can only hope. It’s been a nightmare. I haven’t been to a game since 2018 or 2019. I’ll start back going to see us here in Atlanta when we play the falcons, and I’ll come up to Charlotte for a game. I’m excited to see Stroud/Young and the new Panthers team. I think this is the regime that is going to get us back to back winning seasons, some division titles, nfc championships, and most importantly, Super Bowls. I’ll be happy with just one Super Bowl win in my lifetime, but I think these guys can build sustained success. 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

Big swing I expect big results. What a time to be a panthers fan

Exactly.  We have the right to expect big things.  

And at least everything about this shows an actual strategic plan, something we have not had since 2011 when we hired Rivera and drafted Cam.  That was an actual plan, and it paid dividends with our run from 2013-2017.

Everything since then has been half-assed.  The team tried for 2 seasons to hold serve as Cam's body was breaking down.  There was literally nothing even remotely approaching a strategic plan under Rhule- it really was the epitome of bringing in his college players and then throwing crap at the wall to try to find a QB.

In retrospect, the Rhule era was so unbelievably bad.  As fans, we never knew what to expect- was it compete immediately, was it a Jay-Z 7-year rebuild, etc?  To this day, that question was never answered, and Rhule seemed insulted when the media dared to even ask him about it.

If this plan doesn't work, at least we can understand it as fans.  And there will be clear benchmarks on whether this is working or not.

The Rhule Era truly was a smoke & mirrors BS-fest.  And when as fans we finally got to look behind the curtain, there was nothing there but an insecure man who spouted platitudes, came up with inane slogans, and wanted to micromanage the social media team, all the while acting like he had no control over the process.

We have a top-10 coaching staff, a top-10 Oline, and hopefully a top-10 defense.  Let's add a QB who can be our franchise guy and cook!

19 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

We were just learning what Covid-19 was when Tepper hired Rhule. It feels like a lifetime.

Someone talked to me recently about how we'd been getting something wrong "eince parting ways with Newton", making it sound as if it were a longstanding thing.

It's actually only been three years, all of them under Rhule.

4 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

Exactly.  We have the right to expect big things.  

And at least everything about this shows an actual strategic plan, something we have not had since 2011 when we hired Rivera and drafted Cam.  That was an actual plan, and it paid dividends with our run from 2013-2017.

Everything since then has been half-assed.  The team tried for 2 seasons to hold serve as Cam's body was breaking down.  There was literally nothing even remotely approaching a strategic plan under Rhule- it really was the epitome of bringing in his college players and then throwing crap at the wall to try to find a QB.

In retrospect, the Rhule era was so unbelievably bad.  As fans, we never knew what to expect- was it compete immediately, was it a Jay-Z 7-year rebuild, etc?  To this day, that question was never answered, and Rhule seemed insulted when the media dared to even ask him about it.

If this plan doesn't work, at least we can understand it as fans.  And there will be clear benchmarks on whether this is working or not.

The Rhule Era truly was a smoke & mirrors BS-fest.  And when as fans we finally got to look behind the curtain, there was nothing there but an insecure man who spouted platitudes, came up with inane slogans, and wanted to micromanage the social media team, all the while acting like he had no control over the process.

We have a top-10 coaching staff, a top-10 Oline, and hopefully a top-10 defense.  Let's add a QB who can be our franchise guy and cook!

We have professional NFL people running things now.

It's gonna take some getting used to.

• Pie 1