• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tony Pauline: CJ Stroud or Anthony Richardson

TheSpecialJuan

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah, pretty much every iteration I've seen of "the Panthers like" is "Stroud and (insert player here)". 

Stroud is the only guy everybody seems to be able to agree on the Panthers wanting.

Worth noting though that this doesn't guarantee he'll be the guy.

Agreed.  If we stay at 1, I will be HIGHLY surprised if it's not Stroud/Young unless something crazy happens the next month and a half.

1 minute ago, philw5289 said:

I’m good with AR15 at 1. You can’t teach the skills he already has. Our coaching staff can mold him into a great Qb. I love stroud but was it him or all the amazing receivers he played with at OSU?

The skills that he has are mostly just physical traits.

A couple of teams have gone the route of trying to take physical specimens and train them to be quarterbacks. It hasn't proven to be a good strategy. That's why I'm not a fan of drafting Richardson (or Will Levis, for that matter).

You take the guy who already knows how to play the position. If he's also a great athlete, fine. But having actual quarterback skills will always trump having athletic skills.

• Beer 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

A couple of teams have gone the route of trying to take physical specimens and train them to be quarterbacks. It hasn't proven to be a good strategy. That's why I'm not a fan of drafting Richardson (or Will Levis, for that matter).

You take the guy who already knows how to play the position. If he's also a great athlete, fine. But having actual quarterback skills will always trump having athletic skills.

Will Levis is a waaay better QB at QBing and throwing accurately. Me and Payton Manning say so.

2 minutes ago, rmoneyg35 said:

Please by all means point out where I’m wrong… 

Who is truly right or wrong in these discussions? None of us knows which QB will be the best out of this group. It might not even be Young or Stroud. Idk why some of you guys are so unwilling to just admit who you like. You clearly follow Alabama at least a little bit. It's odd to lie about it. But whatever works for you 🤙

26 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

And that he loves Young. And that Frank likes Stroud, but also loves Richardson. My goodness!

These people sound like a fickled, grade school girl that has lots of boys to chose from as a special boyfriend  but can't make up her mind on the choice.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Exactly what are "quarterback skills"? I love how we just make up rules. Almost like being able to actually run and escape the pocket doesn't require any skill at all. It's giving me Giannis doesn't have skills vibes.